Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Half Marathon 2019

Options
  • 24-06-2019 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

Didn't see any other post about this, so I'll start one.

It's on the 31st of August and is €35 to sign up.

It'll be my first time doing this Half and my second one in total after the Mullingar Half earlier in the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭ToriV

Did this a few years ago. Great club race, end on the track and great food afterwards. Very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

ToriV wrote: »
    Did this a few years ago. Great club race, end on the track and great food afterwards. Very enjoyable.

That's what I heard a lot, the lap of the track at the end is supposed to be very memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭ToriV

That's what I heard a lot, the lap of the track at the end is supposed to be very memorable.

It is! They ring the bell for you, so you can have your own Olympics moment!! Track feelso so bouncy after the roads, so good sprint finish is fun! Very well organised and very friendly race. Few drags in it but nothing you could call a hill. Well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

ToriV wrote: »
    It is! They ring the bell for you, so you can have your own Olympics moment!! Track feelso so bouncy after the roads, so good sprint finish is fun! Very well organised and very friendly race. Few drags in it but nothing you could call a hill. Well worth it

Will be pushing hard for a PB on the course, hoping the bounce in the track will get home in 89'59.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Did it last year. Well organised. Nice enough route with a few drags and another plus one for the lap of the track at the end, great support at the finish.
    Great spread of food on after (in the old disco hall of my teenage years!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

well organised race. a fair course but challenging enough. there are probably more pb friendly courses but very well organised event. the heat the last few years was tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Just signed up. Still only €35 :) Was looking at the Rock n Roll Half in early August too but heard some poor reports and it's very pricey !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Just signed up myself. My favourite HM of the year and my fifth year in a row doing it. I could be mistaken but I think it's only one of two Half Marathon's in Offaly during the year. The other being Lough Boora in April. We can't really claim Portalington!!

Here's last year's thread:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107653304

A lot of glowing reviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

30 places left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Sold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Unfortunately I can’t make it this year. I have a place available, can transfer up until the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Clibee

brennarr wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can’t make it this year. I have a place available, can transfer up until the 18th.

Hi , sorry you can’t make race, I’d be delighted to take your place. I’ll Private message you now .

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Clibee wrote: »
    Hi , sorry you can’t make race, I’d be delighted to take your place. I’ll Private message you now .

Hi Clibee - private message sent.

Advertisement