Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics Ireland Race Series 2019

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Weather looks a bit meh, hopefully the rain stays away. Best of luck to everyone doing the 5 mile today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Anyone a description/link to the 10k route please? Knowing the area a little, no hills?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

OOnegative wrote: »
    Anyone a description/link to the 10k route please? Knowing the area a little, no hills?

Are you talking about the DCM Race Series? (Thread is about the Athletics Ire Race Series)

If so - Video and description on FB

https://www.facebook.com/dublinmarathon/videos/sse-airtricity-south-dublin-10k-route/10156578764873185/

Looks like an 'interesting' route :rolleyes:

I've an entry for it - but am currently looking to see if there's anything else around (Edenderry 10m on same day)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Are you talking about the DCM Race Series? (Thread is about the Athletics Ire Race Series)

If so - Video and description on FB

https://www.facebook.com/dublinmarathon/videos/sse-airtricity-south-dublin-10k-route/10156578764873185/

Looks like an 'interesting' route :rolleyes:

I've an entry for it - but am currently looking to see if there's anything else around (Edenderry 10m on same day)

Are they not the same thing?

Facebook link doesn’t do anything unfortunately.

It’s best avoided in other words?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

DCM race series and Athletics Ireland series are separate.

That link is to a video of the route - might not play on your phone. Here’s a link to the race page with route map: http://kbcdublinmarathon.ie/race/south-dublin-10k/

I’ll be doing it - I dont think the route looks bad. Corkagh is a nice park, and it will be interesting to run through Clondalkin Village. The canal section will hopefully not have a headwind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

So this race was this morning, Surprised at the low number for finishers.
    Anyone there to give an opinion on the route? looks a nice variation from the norm keeping to the lower side of the avenue mostly.

Was there a big fallout between Donore and the Greallys over this or did they sit down and agree to seperate it out, seems to be kept fairly well apart on the calendar anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

So this race was this morning, Surprised at the low number for finishers.
    Anyone there to give an opinion on the route? looks a nice variation from the norm keeping to the lower side of the avenue mostly.

Was there a big fallout between Donore and the Greallys over this or did they sit down and agree to seperate it out, seems to be kept fairly well apart on the calendar anyway.

Was a tough enough route, think I prefer the Frank Duffy course, hopefully be alot less humid come August too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Was a tough enough route, think I prefer the Frank Duffy course, hopefully be alot less humid come August too

I liked the route. Once got down to the magazine fort it was really tough but marathon training ramping up do no bad thing.

1hr 21m was very happy with that

Frank Duffy in Swords last year was flat and I did that in 1hr 19m

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

I really enjoyed that 10 mile route.

I think that whole series of races is prefect. Handy for me admittedly but organisation, scale, value and logistics are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

First time running in the park and must say I really enjoyed each of the runs especially the 10 mile course. Nice and easy for the first 3 miles allowed me build up a nice rhythm for the rest of the course. First time running this distance too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement