Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Did she enjoy her holiday lol

Yeah, she went far far long away to England.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

tuxy wrote: »
    Generally legal aid is not granted for traffic offences.

Or for suing a page on Facebook. My solicitor. Like she pays one .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭airy fairy

She probably uses the solicitor that her mother used to sign over €100k, and probably much more besides. Same solicitor is, no doubt, on the free legal aid list of solicitors for her personal use in the event she'll add to her list of court summons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    She has over 30 convictions, she’s keeping him busy and the solicitor gets paid by the State.

The State find it extremely difficult to fill legal aid panels because nobody wants to do it. It's not the gravy train boards seems to think it is.

A lot of travellers actually pay their own way with legal costs, they want the best service.

Up front in cash and on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

scudzilla wrote: »
    Pavee Point today posted that Irish Prison Service are looking for Traveller Prison Officers, need a pass in 5 leaving certs. Good luck with that :pac:

I can't find that article on Pavee Point and I can't see where it states that the Irish Prison Service are looking for traveller prison officers. It certainly isn't in the job description booklet for the advertised roles. They just say prison officers. No mention of travellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭jmreire

The UN and other international organisations have been damning on the way the country has treated them. How can you be blind.

Here's an idea for you Eldon, let the UN and other International Organisations put their money where their mouth's are, and run all the halting sites, education etc. and everything else that they see as "DAMMING" in our "Failure" with Travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I can't find that article on Pavee Point and I can't see where it states that the Irish Prison Service are looking for traveller prison officers. It certainly isn't in the job description booklet for the advertised roles. They just say prison officers. No mention of travellers.

Yeah I just checked the IPS site, the Public Jobs site and read the entire information booklet on applying for the job and it does not mention travellers.

I think we have enough to go on without making things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

The State find it extremely difficult to fill legal aid panels because nobody wants to do it. It's not the gravy train boards seems to think it is.

It's often handled by larger companies, who badly pay the solicitors who handle the actual case work. The directors make nice money out of it due to volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

More funny comments from Margaret supporters

"There getting there five minutes, of fame on fb Margaret, let them go and duck there self's xxx"

"are they actually serious dirty dossers id get dem done for that x "

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    More funny comments from Margaret supporters

If you pay tax, you are a Margaret supporter ;)

And Michelle or whatever that other ones name is. And the god knows how many others.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately that's true :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

tuxy wrote: »
    Generally legal aid is not granted for traffic offences.
    It is if you loads of convictions and risk getting a prison sentence.

A lot of travellers actually pay their own way with legal costs, they want the best service.

Shur, even poor TDs are entitled to free legal aid. Who said that they are being paid too much?
    https://www.thejournal.ie/paul-murphy-legal-fees-2752580-May2016/

Sounds like revenue should be involved in this process too then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Yeah I just checked the IPS site, the Public Jobs site and read the entire information booklet on applying for the job and it does not mention travellers.

I think we have enough to go on without making things up.

Not making anything up, maybe PP have made this up, here's a screenshot, it's from their FB page

Not making anything up, maybe PP have made this up, here's a screenshot, it's from their FB page

That's PP throwing in the traveller bit, its just a normal public jobs competition. I thought from what you posted the IPS were specifically looking for travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That's PP throwing in the traveller bit, its just a normal public jobs competition. I thought from what you posted the IPS were specifically looking for travellers.

Exactly. It is Pavee Point saying they want more traveller prison officers not the Irish Prison Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The IPS did release a statement last year saying they were looking for more women and ethnic minorities. I actually opened a thread about it here.

Omackeral wrote: »
    The IPS did release a statement last year saying they were looking for more women and ethnic minorities. I actually opened a thread about it here.

That's interesting. "Dire need" and yet PP are the only ones mentioning travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,121 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Exactly. It is Pavee Point saying they want more traveller prison officers not the Irish Prison Service.

Ha, you mean get a regular 9 to 5 job and pay tax like the rest of us?

Can't see many travellers interested in those jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

The drop in income would be a bridge too far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

PP are setting this up do that they can have whinge when no travellers get a position. Completely ignoring that very few are eligible (due to their criminal rabbis) or that very few will apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,121 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Would be a cushy job too for them.

After all, they'd get to see a lot of their mates every day. Be able to catch up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

jmreire wrote: »
    Here's an idea for you Eldon, let the UN and other International Organisations put their money where their mouth's are, and run all the halting sites, education etc. and everything else that they see as "DAMMING" in our "Failure" with Travellers.

They could deploy peacekeeping forces for weddings, funerals, nights out, etc.

PP are setting this up do that they can have whinge when no travellers get a position. Completely ignoring that very few are eligible (due to their criminal rabbis) or that very few will apply.

Would love to see the stats of those who applied once its done. It would be handy when PP inevitably do as you said.

If only one applied they would cry 'racism' is he/she isn't given the job

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

An inside man.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's a public competition like the Guards. Open to all.

There are however certain areas where travellers could run into problems.

You need a Leaving Certificate - rules out 93% of travellers.

Irish language Requirement - see above.

Criminal Record of any kind will disqualify a candidate. I know in the guards that even having any sort of family connection to crime can disqualify a person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Same with the headstone business. No haggling. Cash up front.

Actually, they don't even need to pay upfront. A stonemason knows he will definitely be paid. All he'd have to do is put out a whisper that a headstone wasn't paid for and the offender would be embarrassed into paying it.

• Advertisement

One more for the road

They're taking the mick

Brazen dumpers discard caravan full of rubbish on the site of massive clean-up

DEFIANT dumpers have left a caravan filled with rubbish at an illegal tip which is currently being cleaned up at a cost of €53,000 to the taxpayer.

Contractors Loftus of Cork has cleared almost 200,000 kilos of rubbish and 4,500 kilos of asbestos from Ellis’s Yard in Ballyvolane — which has been a target for dumping for decades — in the last fortnight and plan to leave the site this week before City Hall takes over to secure the yard with fencing and other security measures.

However, under the cover of darkness, dumpers rolled an old caravan filled with waste down a hill on the southern side of the large site.

mainMediaSize=537x291_type=image_publish=true__image.jpg

mainMediaSize=MEDIUM_type=image_x0=0_y0=0_x1=100_y1=100__image.jpg

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Brazen-dumpers-discard-caravan-full-of-rubbish-on-the-site-of-massive-clean-up-b7975361-d3ab-418d-8b55-27213d1ef61a-ds

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement