Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway/Limerick BE:Seating for sardines

Options
  • 25-08-2016 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭

Recently took an express Galway to Limerick. Was struck by how few were on the bus-about 10 maybe.

I was delighted to see rather plush looking seats when I entered. Also a plus was the fact that you could control the a/c by the overhead button.

However, I failed to see the warning notices at the bus Station in Galway which read: Warning:Buses on this route to Limerick are strictly for people who are not overweight.

Very difficult in getting into your seat as the space between them was incredibly narrow.
    You could just about, just about pull out the tray in front of you even though it was sticking into your stomach.
    If the passenger in front of you decided to recline his seat it would be intolerable. If same passenger turned around he/she would clearly be in your personal space.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I think that also applies to most airlines as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,723 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Indeed. I've commented before that the newest BE coaches give airplane seats a run for their money in terms of reduced legroom. Not the smartest purchasing decision that BE ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

@bobbyss were you on one of the newer i6 tri-axle coaches(from last year) with the quite thick luxurious looking seats? There is about 6-8 rows of seats on those buses with good legroom and the rest are intolerable for anyone over 5'9" or anyone even slightly overweight.

The older i6 coaches(from 2012-2015) with the thinner seats in the same style as the previous SP type bus are much better for legroom along the whole bus and not just a few rows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭bobbyss

foggy_lad wrote: »
    @bobbyss were you on one of the newer i6 tri-axle coaches(from last year) with the quite thick luxurious looking seats? There is about 6-8 rows of seats on those buses with good legroom and the rest are intolerable for anyone over 5'9" or anyone even slightly overweight.

The older i6 coaches(from 2012-2015) with the thinner seats in the same style as the previous SP type bus are much better for legroom along the whole bus and not just a few rows.

Haven't a clue what type of bus it was but your description seems accurate. Didn't notice any difference between the seats but had I known there were differences I would have taken them.
    What's important for me as well is a good headrest. Unfortunately they are in short supply as well. Gobus or Citylink (one of those companies on the services I take doesn't do them The back of the seat only goes to your neck.

Advertisement