Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla rail station

Options
  • 20-08-2016 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Do you have to pay for parking down down there at weekends?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

I'd say you do. The website isn't specific but afaik Irish Rail parking is 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

I'd say you do. The website isn't specific but afaik Irish Rail parking is 24/7

Parking for Clonsilla is on road, not in a car park (Coolmine is the one in the area for that), so not sure that Irish Rail policies are the influence/determining factor there

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

cython wrote: »
    Parking for Clonsilla is on road, not in a car park (Coolmine is the one in the area for that), so not sure that Irish Rail policies are the influence/determining factor there

Ya, they definitely have pay and display for the road side parking but don't know if it's just peak time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Irish rail have nothing to do with the parking near the station in Clonsilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

If you are referred to the designated parking spaces that are on the road that runs parallel to the platform, I can confirm as a resident of the area that parking tickets are required Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm only. Outside these hours and weekends are free. It's 2 euro per day Mon to Fri but I believe there are cheaper online options if you register with some sites.

Be warned that parking inside Portersgate estate next to the station offers 3 hour max tickets only. Parking is free on Clonsilla link road just up by Applegreen garage but those spaces are always gone by 8am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Last summer I used the service from Clonsilla quite a lot. I never looked for any signs and assumed it was just free parking, I parked there at least 10 times from morning till evening and nothing ever happened. I only found out it was pay and display from a friend when I was discussing the station with them.

Rail services are dear enough I think it's some cheek to expect people to pay to leave a car by the station. I certainly don't, no security or anything provided, paying for nothing basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

[QUOTE=1123heavy;100801540...Rail services are dear enough I think it's some cheek to expect people to pay to leave a car by the station. I certainly don't, no security or anything provided, paying for nothing basically.[/QUOTE]

I think the idea of paying is to discourage parking.

Instead of building parking when there was space to do it they decide to sell the land to developers for housing.

Great planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

1123heavy wrote: »
    Last summer I used the service from Clonsilla quite a lot. I never looked for any signs and assumed it was just free parking, I parked there at least 10 times from morning till evening and nothing ever happened. I only found out it was pay and display from a friend when I was discussing the station with them.

Rail services are dear enough I think it's some cheek to expect people to pay to leave a car by the station. I certainly don't, no security or anything provided, paying for nothing basically.
    The cost of the train has nothing to do with the parking there.

Advertisement