Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aqualisa Q but qith different fittings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You can replace the head & hose if you want. You will pay for the one that comes with the shower and then pay separately for the one you want.

We gave up installing digital showers. They just aren't worth the money. They are gimmicky, expensive and break a lot. Some digital shower come with a remote control so you can turn it on in the bedroom & the water will be warm by the time you get to the shower. That fixes a problem you never had. Gimmicky.

Anything with a pcb board is expensive to repair. You will get a 5 year warranty on the Aqualisa but once it fails out of warranty its usually better value to replace the shower. You get no warranty at all by buying in the UK or from Screwfix. As these don't come through the Irish agent there is no one in Ireland to repair under the warranty.

A far better job is a dedicated brass body pump & a mixer set. This can be a dial on the wall, bar mixer etc. You will have a much better selection compared to limiting yourself with digital showers. You can have a rain head & hose just like the digital shower you linked. A good quality cartridge shower will last you 20 or 30 years. Digital shower around 10 years.

My advice is not to ask for advice from retail outlets that sell digital showers. There is a big markup on these & you won't get honest advice. Ring around a few plumbers who have installed digital showers and see what their experience is with the quality after installation. Almost every one we installed had to be repaired or totally replaced under warranty. This isn't just Aqualisa. This is across the board with all of the big brands. A good quality pump & cartridge shower is bulletproof and will come with a 5 year warranty too

Edit: the shower you linked doesn't have a pump. Aqualisa Q pumped is close to 1500 euro. Even on amazon its over 1000 sterling for the pumped version with no Irish warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You can replace the head & hose if you want. You will pay for the one that comes with the shower and then pay separately for the one you want.

We gave up installing digital showers. They just aren't worth the money. They are gimmicky, expensive and break a lot. Some digital shower come with a remote control so you can turn it on in the bedroom & the water will be warm by the time you get to the shower. That fixes a problem you never had. Gimmicky.

Anything with a pcb board is expensive to repair. You will get a 5 year warranty on the Aqualisa but once it fails out of warranty its usually better value to replace the shower. You get no warranty at all by buying in the UK or from Screwfix. As these don't come through the Irish agent there is no one in Ireland to repair under the warranty.

A far better job is a dedicated brass body pump & a mixer set. This can be a dial on the wall, bar mixer etc. You will have a much better selection compared to limiting yourself with digital showers. You can have a rain head & hose just like the digital shower you linked. A good quality cartridge shower will last you 20 or 30 years. Digital shower around 10 years.

My advice is not to ask for advice from retail outlets that sell digital showers. There is a big markup on these & you won't get honest advice. Ring around a few plumbers who have installed digital showers and see what their experience is with the quality after installation. Almost every one we installed had to be repaired or totally replaced under warranty. This isn't just Aqualisa. This is across the board with all of the big brands. A good quality pump & cartridge shower is bulletproof and will come with a 5 year warranty too
    Thanks for the reply.
    I agree it's somewhat gimmicky so I'm not 100% sold but then again I can definitely avail of the timed start for the walk in shower.
    Good to know I can just attach the fittings I want instead of the ones that come with it (yes paying twice).
    I'll look at a less gimmicky type like the ones you suggested

Advertisement