Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November/December Marathon

Options
  • 06-07-2019 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi All,

I picked up an injury over last few weeks. I had been planning on doing Dublin but I’ll be missing to much training. Wondering does anyone have recommendation for a mid mid- late November December marathon. Valencia has just recently sold out.
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yasmina

If you want to travel and don't mind the heat, Abu Dhabi December 6th :-)
    It's only the second year but they usually have these things well organised.
    And it won't be *too* hot in December.
    Tie it in with the Dubai Rugby Sevens and it's the makings of a great weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Clonakilty is an option if you dont mind some hills! Lovely scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Florence may be an option,also on 24th November. I think closest Ryanair flight will get you to Pisa (about one hour from Florence by train)
    http://www.firenzemarathon.it/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Could you hang on to Seville Feb 23rd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

positron wrote: »

Anyone done this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Noone's said Valencia!!! Dec 1st. Top marathon, flat and well organised

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The OP mentioned that it was sold out though so thats probably why it hasn't been suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

adrian522 wrote: »
    The OP mentioned that it was sold out though so thats probably why it hasn't been suggested.

Oops, so he did. Waiting list opened but don't think I'd bother myself. San Seb sounds good if you can get flights. There is Pisa in December but I've rarely heard of anyone from these parts mention it, other than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

San Seb I've done twice and can recommend but logistically requires 2 x flights. I've also done Philadelphia (Nov 24th) which is easier to get to than some European options - 2 direct flights daily with Aer Lingus and American Airlines. Lanzarote usually has a big Irish group running.

Advertisement