Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Day of Irish PB's - July 14th, 2019

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

This event certainly gets the weather anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

Great atmosphere here. So good cheering others on while you wait for your race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭racersedge

Enjoyed the atmosphere of the day. It was a different experience, particularly doing circuits around the track. Not something you get to do often. Weather was bloody warm, even if it did disappear at times and a bit of a breeze down the back straight during the 3:00pm race.

Tell you what, I have to say that racing around in circles presents a different mental challenge. There was a hint of temptation to come to a stop, particularly as the separation grew. Avoided it, but I could see where the temptation could be there. The second challenge of the day was definitely racing in the afternoon. I ended up spending the morning in Liffey Valley with the missus and baby to kill time while we waited this morning. Throws the usual pre-race routine out the window!

But as I said at the start, it was an enjoyable atmosphere. Lovely to see the support of fellow runners. The nice weather how people out laying about on the grass (hindsight, should have brought a mat for the wife and child) and I enjoyed the post race banter with a few of those in the running group.

For myself, I did get my PB. Came in at 20:43 while running in the 20 minute group. Bit of a flight of fancy that really, I suppose. I had signed up when there was no mention of a 21 minute group. Granted, I could of changed but what I can say... ego kicked in a little with wanting to push myself above and beyond!! It was tough going. But that effort was an improvement of about 7 seconds from my previous best. In that heat though, I'm delighted with that effort.

All credit to the organisation of the day. I can't imagine how hard it is to ensure a day with so many different races and such goes off without a hitch. Everything I observed went on time and went smoothly. Again, the atmosphere was warm and homely and the weather, while not great for running, was great for getting people out. Would definitely be an event I'd consider doing again down the line. Intend to wear that singlet with pride and about to crack open that beer now in a few minutes once the baby is settled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Thanks for organising this. Smashing weather too.

Got my PB in the mile too! Although I didn't get my main target, a PB is a PB :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Well done all involved with this event. Great day. Well organised. See you next year. I enjoyed my pb muffin.

This was a fantastic event, a runners event.

Will never miss this.

Beer was a great touch too, and tasty.

Didn't pb, but may as well have. Great job all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

+1
    Great that everything ran so smoothly, and the amount of nourishment and refreshment on noffer was impressive. I thought the track was in good shape too. One or two erratic pacers but it wasn’t an issue for me. Well done DR et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Great event and set up, brilliant atmosphere too. Please keep the mile for next year :)

Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

A huge thank you to all!

Another fantastic year in Costa Del Leixlip!

In Ireland, there are literally hundreds of 5km and 10km offerings, with 10-12 truly being top level races in terms of organisation and fields. It is a very crowded marketplace (fixture congestion being a key issue, unfortunately).

We have never tried to reinvent the wheel. I see a disconnect between track and road running - why shouldn't track be as inclusive as road running? I see a certain reluctance within a large cohort of the running population to engage in track running. We simply try to bridge that gap (and have a lot of fun along the way!)

It was a pleasure to be there yesterday. In saying that, it was huge challenge to market the event. While far from perfect - and far from where I want it to be - I think most people had a great time. On a personal note - it is with great pride that EVERY race went off exactly on time (to the literal second, in fact)

Thanks again to all - it is your event, not ours. While I think it may be the event Ireland needs, only time will tell if it is the event Ireland wants.

Thanks again for all the support.

P.S The beer was delicious......and the muffin!

• Advertisement

Are there any pics or vids up anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Trampas

Lazare wrote: »

Facebook page.

Great day and the kids loved the race even though they came last. I’ve him out doing intervals this week as punishment. Made Anto look good even though he’s 21 months old he shouldn’t be last.

Maybe next year could you arrange for temperature to be sub 20. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Lazare wrote: »

Truck loads up on Facebook (Pop Up Races)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Here's a video

https://www.facebook.com/Theracemc/videos/372322196810222/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARDNf0r708PoNrTKyi07_mS7Kec_v7WAi-0_hVTzHtmr6ciLGjdBnFfdP-j0Mq00ojJraadmOUaxW0Kt&hc_ref=ARTcYkwj-BTMMoaFPSMVAOZxEyNb-HB3LWqRN9r1qbcJtSakwgGkTXYK-N4WF-LWsCI&fref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARCeko6IcLBiJXn-GnP4zNQGRGMQLkOcZIE6fcu5JXWfQXtAT6EQn1vkNH4aV2GqK24jt2MK1ARicVmT0Va0X_iue61CRG7ud9RQAWwZVgoqIPQ1ptlg0U4cNdKNMbMKncYOLHnoh9ZQ9rZgc2a4tddTPwZ-9XYP-RdV0NH_D-j1EnGs9_Qg1ZQQ6VvCmci4juxNR7yoU8vm22OvcUfM4oIpGoDf9qZSrcycsEl0vqFaAM77H83UaF0t2pgcn5PoZ-U3eN4ingQhXK3ndpI4J_6JuHdLXnEvwroMvLpDBlOT-zzCyMtG90-wDzjW42oRwSgB1dqhQWCKWBHA0l7fOXel4NyEkyDEDWs

Advertisement