Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Quiet zones" on the Dublin-Cork train.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

There are no IR staff on the trains anymore.

Apart from the ticket inspector now and then, and the trolley service which is outsourced I believe.

I often wonder what happens if something kicks off between stations and the steady hand of an IR employee would cool things down quickly (like the assigned seating being taken by someone else etc.)

Pulling the emergency cord is not an option in many disputes is it?

Anyway, I've always had a pleasant journey on the train so far. Just one incident of a screaming mobile phone user. How self absorbed some people can be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

There are no IR staff on the trains anymore.

Apart from the ticket inspector now and then, and the trolley service which is outsourced I believe.

I often wonder what happens if something kicks off between stations and the steady hand of an IR employee would cool things down quickly (like the assigned seating being taken by someone else etc.)

Pulling the emergency cord is not an option in many disputes is it?

Anyway, I've always had a pleasant journey on the train so far. Just one incident of a screaming mobile phone user. How self absorbed some people can be!

Keep your fingers crossed because IE don't give a damn about passenger safety.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Quiet zones would be very helpful for people with autism and their families - announcements and noises can be very difficult for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chromosphere

They should make the PA announcements much less verbose!
    They're just so long winded they never seem to end.

I was on a cork Dublin train where the snack bar announcement got stuck in a loop and ran for a full 15+ mins.

I actually thought I would get off the train at Thurles and just waste a couple of hours and be late rather than listen to it!

Also, while I'm not being sexist here; there's a reason why a softer usually female voice is used in voice prompts like that. The CIE ones are very harsh sounding at times.

Advertisement