Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it socially acceptable for an adult to admire teenage/school girls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

I'd spend more time looking for the mothers of these girls OP, as usually someone with kids that age is right in the perfect MILF age range.

Comparative justification doesn't make anything right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

iDave wrote: »
    Mohammed was OK with it and we're supposed to believe he's the perfect man.

All the lads from religion were at it, marrying a 12 year old was pretty standard a few thousand years back.

Creepiest thread, do your mates know your supposed to get locked up for that like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

As far as I'm aware - and common sense would suggest - it is natural to be attracted to people below legal age. But we have together, as a society, made the calculated, collective decision that it is not in the best interests of people below legal age to engage in sexual activity with them.

Lots of things are totally natural that, in the best interests of someone or other, we do not do, because we are an intelligent species and we have used that intelligence to reach that conclusion.

So your natural urges are nothing to be ashamed of. But to act on them, when we have already established that it goes against the best interests of certain people, would be morally terrible.

(Is the legal age too high? That's a related yet separate discussion. Personally I don't know.)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Aidan Holland

There is nothing wrong with finding girls between the ages of let's say 16 to 19 hot I freely admit when I'm driving to work or on the bus I stare at a woman's arse as she is walking on a street especially if shes attractive and yes if I was offered safe sex by a girl between these ages as I have been in the past and enjoyed it but I don't find girls lower than 16 attractive. I have a female friend of mine who is late 30s married with 2 young kids who finds teenage boys utterly irresistible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 seldom seen kid

I find it highly unnatural that anyone in their late teens would have a sexual attraction for someone in their very early teens, as the OP suggested many of his acquaintances did.

i think it is a little natural but it is a question of what you really want. do you want her to be your child barer or just to **** her. or does something other than the fact that she is attractive make you want to know more about her

there is a rule a friend of used to use, and i have done so too, half your age plus seven, but it may imprint the thought that u should alway have a hot young women. that can be very unhealthy form of thinking for the ego i reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

DareGod wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware - and common sense would suggest - it is natural to be attracted to people below legal age. But we have together, as a society, made the calculated, collective decision that it is not in the best interests of people below legal age to engage in sexual activity with them.

Lots of things are totally natural that, in the best interests of someone or other, we do not do, because we are an intelligent species and we have used that intelligence to reach that conclusion.

So your natural urges are nothing to be ashamed of. But to act on them, when we have already established that it goes against the best interests of certain people, would be morally terrible.

(Is the legal age too high? That's a related yet separate discussion. Personally I don't know.)

Exactly.

I don't know why people are calling me a creep. The mere fact I started this thread shows that I know it is wrong and I am embarrassed about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

RWCNT wrote: »
    All the lads from religion were at it, marrying a 12 year old was pretty standard a few thousand years back.

Creepiest thread, do your mates know your supposed to get locked up for that like?

Was it not creepy back then? Did it suddenly become creepy or were lads thousands of years ago wrong?

What have my mates got to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭wadk

Thats called jailbait mate and its not ok
    If I caught you eyeing my school going daughter up I'd serve you your balls on a plate!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Are you sure they weren't just talking out their ass ? like most young lads do.

Oh I rode her and this one etc ... sure ya did ladeen.

Who the hell over the age of 16 would boast about having sex with a 12/13 year old? Sounds pretty disgusting.

• Advertisement

Not rode. Shifted.

Well some of them rode.

You have your head in the sand if you think 13 year olds don't have sex.

I got laid for the first time in my late teens but I knew guys and girls that were already doing it six years beforehand.

And that age group has never been more exposed to sexuality than it is now. (Internet, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry)

You also have your head in the sand if you think crime doesn't happen, but that doesn't mean it's okay to commit it.

Just because KIDS - because we're talking about children here, and whether or not its acceptable for adults to look at them in a sexual manner - are exposed to an over sexualised society, it doesn't make it okay to exploit and take advantage of that.

Why is this even a question? Of course it's not okay to be a creep.

wadk wrote: »
    Thats called jailbait mate and its not ok
    If I caught you eyeing my school going daughter up I'd serve you your balls on a plate!!

Mmmm.... chicken balls.

I'm getting a Chinese tonight.

Candie wrote: »
    You also have your head in the sand if you think crime doesn't happen, but that doesn't mean it's okay to commit it.

Just because KIDS - because we're talking about children here, and whether or not its acceptable for adults to look at them in a sexual manner - are exposed to an over sexualised society, it doesn't make it okay to exploit and take advantage of that.

Why is this even a question? Of course it's not okay to be a creep.

But I am not acting on anything. Why the outrage?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sheep_

I am a young male adult in my twenties.

Is it okay to look at 13-18 year old girls and find them attractive?

What do others think?

I personally hate that I find them attractive but I do think girls - particularly aged 16-18 - are unbelievable at that age.

*No pedo
    check yourself before you shrek yourself (google it m8)

ih1.redbubble.net/image.47980644.7909/fc,550x550,white.u4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

This has a feeling of one of those threads that will end up on some news website as an experiment or something, started to gauge people's reaction!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

iDave wrote: »
    Was it not creepy back then? Did it suddenly become creepy or were lads thousands of years ago wrong?

What have my mates got to do with it?

The mates remark was for the OP, sorry!

Just pointing out that auld Muhammed wasn't the only boy getting up to that. I read somewhere that Mary would more than likely have been 13 when she shacked up with Joseph and God himself got her pregnant with our lord and saviour.

You're a man in your twenties, admitting to a sexual attraction to children. Yes, a 13 year old is a child.

Surely you can work out that many people find that rather off putting?

I'm not outraged btw, I know you'd like to think I am, but I'm just a bit sickened. You know, an adult man letching on kids doesn't sit well with most.

And I well remember being a schoolgirl, putting up with the leers and stares from what I considered to be old guys. It wasn't nice.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    This has a feeling of one of those threads that will end up on some news website as an experiment or something, started to gauge people's reaction!

either that OR you like looking at teenagers yourself, and you come up with the concept because you get aroused by looking at teenagers = same thing as meth = people on meth = paranoid = you also need to check yourself before you shrek yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The outrage is because it's not socially acceptable. It's odd but at a time where society is sexualising teenagers - of both sexes - more and more, there is a zero tolerance policy over saying, for example, that a 17-year-old is attractive. It's like once someone hits the age of 18 the entire world breathes a sigh of relief.

I remember older girls cooing over first year boys in secondary school too. It goes both ways.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    You're a man in your twenties, admitting to a sexual attraction to children. Yes, a 13 year old is a child.

Surely you can work out that many people find that rather off putting?

I'm not outraged btw, I know you'd like to think I am, but I'm just a bit sickened. You know, an adult man letching on kids doesn't sit well with most.

And I well remember being a schoolgirl, putting up with the leers and stares from what I considered to be old guys. It wasn't nice.

you have 9,966 posts. clearly this is related to 666 = number of the beast = devil = but how?

OP,

Did you evven goooogle it?

CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOUR SHREK YOURSELF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

It is not socially acceptable because it is not acceptable.

The reason why it is not acceptable is because a 13 year old is a child.

it doesnt matter how they look or if they come accross as mature. They are not emotionally prepared. They dont have enough life experience and they need those years to transition into adulthood. Teens are going through alot of changes physically and emotionally and it would be wrong for someone to take advantage of that.

Also what would you in your 20s have in common with a 13 year old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭zeffabelli

I am a young male adult in my twenties.

Is it okay to look at 13-18 year old girls and find them attractive?

What do others think?

I personally hate that I find them attractive but I do think girls - particularly aged 16-18 - are unbelievable at that age.

*No pedo

While everyone is going to tell you this is ewwww yuck, that society frowns in this, it is absolute bull****.

Many models are in that age group, pop stars, and the media and advertising hold them up as ideals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Maybe its because due to my work I spend a lot of time around girls aged 12-16 (I'm also in my mid twenties) but I can't imagine how someone could find a child of that age attractive.

Yes, they have lots of make up and big hair that make them look older. But for the most part, if you look at their bodies from the neck down, they still look like children. Particularly the U15's. And as if that wasn't enough of an indication, these kids normally hang around in big groups, loudly showing off and taking selfies every two minutes. Juvenile, and immature, I literally can't fathom how a man of that age would see girls like that and want some.

Candie said it better than I ever could have. I remember shifting a 16 year old when I was 14 and thinking I was the coolest person ever because 16 was SO OLD AND MATURE (in my naive opinion).

Boasting about sleeping with a first year, a child who made their Confirmation not 12 months before, is despicable behavior by an ADULT of 18 and should be nothing to be proud of. I wouldn't associate myself with lowlifes like this at all, OP.

So in all, someone 17/18? I can see the attraction but I wouldn't act on it. I find it disturbing being attractive to anyone younger than that. To be honest I'd be questioning why you are attracted to these young girls and not women 18+ who are more on the same mental level as yourself.

I checked myself but all I could see was redness and swelling.

I am not exclusively attracted to them. I am primarily sexually attracted to people my own age because I can actually be with them.

I checked myself but all I could see was redness and swelling.

open the door, its shrek!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I'd spend more time looking for the mothers of these girls OP, as usually someone with kids that age is right in the perfect MILF age range.
    http://i.imgur.com/ewrXpAz.jpg

• Advertisement

Besea wrote: »
    He is just expressing his natural sexual attraction. Some people are sickened by gay attraction but more and more people are realising that sexual attraction isn't something you choose so being judgemental about who people are attracted to is rather pointless.

Two adults being attracted to each other is vastly different from adults seeking confirmation that an attraction to children is ok.

Few parents will be okay with adults expressing attraction to their kids, for example.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement