Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would/do you tell insurance companies how many penalty points you have?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

timthumbni wrote: »
    I know someone who works in insurance. They don't give a monkeys of you telling lies, in fact they welcome it. The minute you are involved in a (serious) accident they will then rip up your cover and leave you holding the baby.

So much bullshlt in one paragraph. Insurers 'welcome' lies. Why would they? You obviously don't realise that if an insurer wants to void your policy, they have to refund the premium. Then there is all the admin and procedure to complete the process, not to mind handling the 3rd party claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I know someone who works in insurance. They don't give a monkeys of you telling lies, in fact they welcome it. The minute you are involved in a (serious) accident they will then rip up your cover and leave you holding the baby.

I too know someone that works in insurance, me, and the above is utter nonsense.

An insurance company is bound to always cover the costs of the third party, regardless of whether the policy was taken up using false information.

If someone knowingly lies on an insurance application then damn right they should have their policy ripped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Isn't this a basic question on most insurance application forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

So much bullshlt in one paragraph. Insurers 'welcome' lies. Why would they? You obviously don't realise that if an insurer wants to void your policy, they have to refund the premium. Then there is all the admin and procedure to complete the process, not to mind handling the 3rd party claim.

To Elland Black. You sound like some of my friends. Go ahead., lie on your insurance application. Then enjoy yourself as it all goes horribly wrong after you have a serious accident. Sure you could employ a law firm to fight your case but the simple fact is if you LIE when you applying for insurance the small print somewhere will make the contract void if you haven't disclosed everything. A fender bender accident maybe they won't bother but a serious accident???????

And as for them refunding your premium, I think in a serious case where potentially 100s of thousands are involved they might consider refunding you 500 euros and voiding a contract to be worth the administrative hassle. But carry on as you were. I just hope that others on here wouldn't be so naive.

To Elland Black. You sound like some of my friends. Go ahead., lie on your insurance application. Then enjoy yourself as it all goes horribly wrong after you have a serious accident. Sure you could employ a law firm to fight your case but the simple fact is if you LIE when you applying for insurance the small print somewhere will make the contract void if you haven't disclosed everything. A fender bender accident maybe they won't bother but a serious accident???????

And as for them refunding your premium, I think in a serious case where potentially 100s of thousands are involved they might consider refunding you 500 euros and voiding a contract to be worth the administrative hassle. But carry on as you were. I just hope that others on here wouldn't be so naive.

Ah read my post properly would you?

I'm calling bullshlt on you comment that insurers 'welcome' lies. As someone who has worked in insurance for 35 years, I know what I'm talking about, you're just listening to uninformed friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Ah read my post properly would you?

I'm calling bullshlt on you comment that insurers 'welcome' lies. As someone who has worked in insurance for 35 years, I know what I'm talking about, you're just listening to uninformed friends

Hmm. Okay. So when I'm next applying for my next insurance policy I will just make up whatever I think sounds good, get charged less accordingly as a swell guy, and everything will be smelling of roses if anything goes wrong.

I mean insurance companies always pay out with glee, no matter how many lies were in the application. As an insurance worker are you seriously trying to say that it doesn't matter if you lie in an application. I mean seriously????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭QuinDixie

can someone post some examples of insurance companies voiding policies or even suing people to recover money from settlements,
    due to non disclosure of info.
    would really like to see some real examples, not just info from insurance companies websites.

Hmm. Okay. So when I'm next applying for my next insurance policy I will just make up whatever I think sounds good, get charged less accordingly as a swell guy, and everything will be smelling of roses if anything goes wrong.

I mean insurance companies always pay out with glee, no matter how many lies were in the application. As an insurance worker are you seriously trying to say that it doesn't matter if you lie in an application. I mean seriously????????

Read my 1st response PROPERLY, I can't explain myself any clearer. I was implying that your friend who thinks insurers welcome lies is a) a gobshlt, b) a bullshilter or c) doesn't exist

Advertisement