Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocking up Utility room window

Options
  • 20-01-2021 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm considering blocking up our utility room window in order to make better use of the limited space (I don't think we've ever opened the window!). The window faces on to the side entrance of the house.

Is there any reason I couldn't do that?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ricey3509 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm considering blocking up our utility room window in order to make better use of the limited space (I don't think we've ever opened the window!). The window faces on to the side entrance of the house.

Is there any reason I couldn't do that?

Thanks!

No.
    Its a Utility room so the window is not required for escape/rescue purposes.
    The only thing it may be required for is Ventilation so maybe install a good Mechanic Extract Fan or even just make the window smaller if possible keeping it openable.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ricey3509

Gumbo wrote: »
    No.
    Its a Utility room so the window is not required for escape/rescue purposes.
    The only thing it may be required for is Ventilation so maybe install a good Mechanic Extract Fan or even just make the window smaller if possible keeping it openable.

Thanks, we will definitely install extractor

Advertisement