Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can i access archive planning permission on my house?

• 13-01-2021 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

Iam looking for a copy of planning permission my deceased parents would have looked for in the mid 70s as a sizeable extension was added.

A local engineer is looking for a large sum to do this for me,as there are only paper records store.
    Can i do this myself? Call to a desk in the county council office and request a copy of same or is it more difficult than that?

Edit I inherited the home house.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

It’ll be archived, probably on micro film, if your lucky. Depends on the local authority etc.

Why not ring them and ask. You may find that difficult with covid etc m, but give a go.

Btw interested to know how much engineer was looking for?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

gambithh wrote: »
    Iam looking for a copy of planning permission my deceased parents would have looked for in the mid 70s as a sizeable extension was added.

A local engineer is looking for a large sum to do this for me,as there are only paper records store.
    Can i do this myself? Call to a desk in the county council office and request a copy of same or is it more difficult than that?

Edit I inherited the home house.

Also interested in what the large sum is?
    Bearing in mind the engineer is not simply going to the planning office and getting some plans, I assume he is also certifying it as compliant with the planning, therefore putting his name and PI into the mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭gambithh

350 + vat

just finding planning and what way it was applied for,Putting his name to nothing

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

So for a business that’s about half a day to a day.. it’s about right.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,860 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

350 + vat

just finding planning and what way it was applied for,Putting his name to nothing

€60 approx retrieval fee if hardcopy of file is in storage

make appointment, travel to LA, review files, get copies if necessary, travel back and debrief client...
    best part of a days work there...
    thats not a high fee by any stretch

can you do it yourself? of course you can...

but what is the ultimate goal? surely its not just to look at a drawing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

350 + vat

Very good value.
    The file retrieval is €50 alone plus travel costs, parking etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

sydthebeat wrote: »
    €60 approx retrieval fee if hardcopy of file is in storage

make appointment, travel to LA, review files, get copies if necessary, travel back and debrief client...
    best part of a days work there...
    thats not a high fee by any stretch

can you do it yourself? of course you can...

but what is the ultimate goal? surely its not just to look at a drawing?

Why not ?

I've looked at planning drawings myself for various people to see if the drawings match what's there and the planning permission.

Anyone can do it if needed and pause for thought on a house purchase.

Yes of course professional advice is apt and needed in many circumstances. But no need to be snooty if someone wants to review a submitted drawing by themselves first.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,860 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

listermint wrote: »

1. .....to see if the drawings match what's there and the planning permission.

the OP doesnt say that, hence why i asked.
    2. Anyone can do it if needed and pause for thought on a house purchase.

again, OP isnt in that situation, hence why i asked.
    But no need to be snooty if someone wants to review a submitted drawing by themselves first.

snooty???? i dont know where you got that from.... i specifically said "can you do it yourself? of course you can..."

now to deal with what the OP ACTUALLY said....
    my bold for emphasis

so the drawings need to be reviewed as an extension has been added.
    so why? is the OP looking to build on further and seeing if they can do it exempt? are they seeing if retention permission is required for the existing extension?

ultimately what is the purpose of the review of the planning file.... surely its not simply just to go and look at the picture??
    If it was would you pick a time where we are in the middle of a pandemic lockdown, the councils are closed and you have to make an appointment?
    Highly likely its not an essential service either (unless of course theres another motive to look at the file which makes it essential)

Advertisement