Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 month Free Premium + access to Indo, Sunday Indo & Herald

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Free Premium+ Access for a month including ePaper access to digital copies of the Irish Independent, Sunday Independent & Herald.
    At the end of this trial period your monthly subscription will begin, and you will be charged €13.99 per month.
    You will not be charged if you cancel within the trial period, they will send you an email to remind you the day before your trial ends.

https://subscribe.independent.ie/redeem/?coupon_code=GO2001&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkuC71Y-z7gIVK4CDBx0rLgY0EAEYASAAEgJBjfD_BwE

Any idea how long this offer runs for? The OCD side of me would like to pick it up at the start of the month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

IIRC I think end date was the 10th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I'd be checking the cancellation policy.

It says you can email them - but is that like sky where you email them, but they then have to contact you and give a sky style hard sell .

UK Times does it this way and it took a lot of effort for them to cancel a sub I had and I would avoid any subscription that insists on a "conversation" in order to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pat1981

Darc19 wrote: »
    I'd be checking the cancellation policy.

It says you can email them - but is that like sky where you email them, but they then have to contact you and give a sky style hard sell .

UK Times does it this way and it took a lot of effort for them to cancel a sub I had and I would avoid any subscription that insists on a "conversation" in order to cancel

Fwiw.
    Just signed up for One month free trial. On the welcome email a link is included to cancel sub within one month. I followed the link and the last process was to click cancel, so i think the process is very simple should you wish to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Free Premium+ Access for a month including ePaper access to digital copies of the Irish Independent, Sunday Independent & Herald.
    At the end of this trial period your monthly subscription will begin, and you will be charged €13.99 per month.
    You will not be charged if you cancel within the trial period, they will send you an email to remind you the day before your trial ends.

https://subscribe.independent.ie/redeem/?coupon_code=GO2001&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkuC71Y-z7gIVK4CDBx0rLgY0EAEYASAAEgJBjfD_BwE

From memory they make the canceling thing fairly over convoluted than it needs to be, so if anyone is reading this with Revolut, I highly recommend creating a new virtual card, use it to sign up and immediately freeze it or even delete it, problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Had one of the previous free trials with them, cancellation was a doddle. Sent one email, no phoning needed, easy as pie. Have the 3-month one now that was posted here before Christmas, which runs out soon. Will wait till then before using this one hopefully.

Advertisement