Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dealz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I was wondering why my Aldi was half empty yesterday at 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Has anyone heard any rumors that Dealz(Poundland) will close it's stores in ROI due to Brexit cost increases?

AFAIK it's Poundland NI, Dealz isn't impacted,

I was in one of the newer Lidls at 12.30 friday lunchtime and the store was shockingly empty,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Tazz T wrote: »
    I was wondering why my Aldi was half empty yesterday at 3pm.

The veg aisle was decimated yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My local Aldi/Lidl/Tesco are fine for stock apart from the odd thing.
    Dealz is missing loads of stock tough in loads of areas.
    However my local Dealz were closed for a few days because of rodents but it's mainly because of Brexit they are having issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Was talking to the manager of the local dealz this morning, if there's any type of food product in the pallet its held up at customs, its all down to paperwork from bretix, he said they've only received two pallets in January and they arrived yesterday, the shop was fair empty this morning

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Has anyone heard any rumors that Dealz(Poundland) will close it's stores in ROI due to Brexit cost increases?

Nope, they are opening stores not closing them.

£1 has also never been anywhere near €1.50 so they have a very healthy business here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Was talking to the manager of the local dealz this morning, if there's any type of food product in the pallet its held up at customs, its all down to paperwork from bretix, he said they've only received two pallets in January and they arrived yesterday, the shop was fair empty this morning

Yes any shipments containing fresh meat, dairy or fish products require specific documentation clearing them, it's expensive too, around €70 per document and seperate is needed for each of the 3 types.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Hunky Dorys cheese & onion six pack 3 for €3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I got cleaning products in Delaz today to hat I have never seen anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

Gael23 wrote: »

Do tell.

• Advertisement

Still no sign of Carrickmines opening, you can see staff going in but its been 'coming soon for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Still no sign of Carrickmines opening, you can see staff going in but its been 'coming soon for a while...

When it does open, it's guaranteed to be mobbed and empty parking spaces will be at a premium when everything reopens there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Are these of a very intimate nature that prevents you giving further details?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    When it does open, it's guaranteed to be mobbed and empty parking spaces will be at a premium when everything reopens there.

The upper level on that side is a disaster anyway. Everything closed on that side except HN, the pet shop, boots and subway and no carparks during the day.

Has to be staff? Is always full even at 9am on a Saturday morning when other shops are open.

Novelty will wear off with Dealz after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

This Saturday according to their social media team when I asked a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dealz just posted on Facebook the Carrickmines is opening on Tuesday!

112143 wrote: »
    Do tell.

Tell what?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Tell what?

More info on these novel cleaning products...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    More info on these novel cleaning products...

Just ones that are not available in any of the supermarkets you would usually expect. I got a multipurpose sprat that’s nit anywhere else and a new fragrance of Cif that’s nit here either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Just ones that are not available in any of the supermarkets you would usually expect. I got a multipurpose sprat that’s nit anywhere else and a new fragrance of Cif that’s nit here either

That’s easy for you to say :D

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Anyone know if Wiskeas cat food is back in stock in Dealz?(chicken flavor)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Anyone know if Wiskeas cat food is back in stock in Dealz?(chicken flavor)

Been in my local one for at least two weeks now, have the cupboard stocked to the hilt with them as dont want to run out of them and be paying the supermarket higher prices

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Dealz just posted on Facebook the Carrickmines is opening on Tuesday!

Went in today as was near there and busy with people going in and out.
    Very big shop with clothes at the back and a bigger selection of goods compared to some of their other shops.
    Not easy getting parking on ground level today and will be a popular addition to the park.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Went in today as was near there and busy with people going in and out.
    Very big shop with clothes at the back and a bigger selection of goods compared to some of their other shops.
    Not easy getting parking on ground level today and will be a popular addition to the park.

The upper level carpark (the side Dealz is on) can be full.at 9am on Saturday morning lol, has be staff or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Corvus Libros

I got a multipurpose sprat that’s nit anywhere else and a new fragrance of Cif that’s nit here either

I went in and asked for a sprat to clean the nits out of my hat. They didn't have any. Must be just some stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Bath towels for a fiver. Dunno if that's cheap,but there they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

kneemos wrote: »

Any shower towels ?

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Any shower towels ?

Don't be silly. They'd get wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

kneemos wrote: »

I find with a lot of these places, their idea of a bath towel is my idea of a jockstrap, with the consistency of 40-grade sandpaper

• Advertisement

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I find with a lot of these places, their idea of a bath towel is my idea of a jockstrap, with the consistency of 40-grade sandpaper

They felt quite soft, whatever about the size.

Advertisement