Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micro(?) wind turbine available - general advice please

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,710 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

air wrote: »
    Edit - had a look on solartricity, 12kW of panels €4k, 6kW inverter €800

Plenty of farmers with a steel shed like that would claim VAT back. If you can get the parts at a trade discount, a 12kWp system (mounting on steel shed is very cheap) would be under €4k in materials ex VAT

And no maintenance required, no chance of damage / failure in a storm, lifetime of the panels is many decades

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

unkel wrote: »
    Plenty of farmers with a steel shed like that would claim VAT back. If you can get the parts at a trade discount, a 12kWp system (mounting on steel shed is very cheap) would be under €4k in materials ex VAT

And no maintenance required, no chance of damage / failure in a storm, lifetime of the panels is many decades

Neighbours are still skeptical of mine!, I am cautious until i have hard numbers - ie I have saved X amount this year - I will have the data to back that up too.

Oh and solartricity wouldn't warranty 8.4kwp on a 6kw inverter, so there is only 7.2 on the roof. (referencing the 12kw on a 6kw inverter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

Very few farmers are able to claim back VAT as I understand it, only commercial farms which are a minority.

I agree that mounting on an existing trapezoidal steel roof is about the cheapest possible solution for PV.

If ground mounting, a frame made from tubular galvanised steel is the most economical maintenance free option that I'm aware of.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

air wrote: »
    Very few farmers are able to claim back VAT as I understand it, only commercial farms which are a minority.

I agree that mounting on an existing trapezoidal steel roof is about the cheapest possible solution for PV.

Non registered "Flat rate" farms can claim vat back on Fixed Capital expenditures. ie anything bolted down. So new sheds, new fencing.. solar.

Nearly all agri sheds are corrugated steel, none of this trapezoidal steel :P far too fancy.

But you just get an adapter plate for the mount and stick it on & screw it down.

Advertisement