Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying off a credit card

Options
  • 25-08-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I've switched current accounts recently and need to pay off my credit card. Can you please advise the holding BIC/IBAN for credit cards so I can pay into it? I assume the reference will be the full credit card number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

northcider wrote: »
    Hi, I've switched current accounts recently and need to pay off my credit card. Can you please advise the holding BIC/IBAN for credit cards so I can pay into it? I assume the reference will be the full credit card number?
    Hi northcider, 

Thanks for posting. 

For all Euro Credit cards, the IBAN is IE46BOFI90153899943016 / BIC/SWIFT: BOFIIE2D

For all Sterling Credit cards, the IBAN is GB37BOFI90154699943016 / BIC/SWIFT: BOFIGB2B

As you correctly mention, please include your full credit card number in the reference field.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 17 northcider

northcider wrote: »
    Hi northcider, 

Thanks for posting. 

For all Euro Credit cards, the IBAN is IE46BOFI90153899943016 / BIC/SWIFT: BOFIIE2D

For all Sterling Credit cards, the IBAN is GB37BOFI90154699943016 / BIC/SWIFT: BOFIGB2B

As you correctly mention, please include your full credit card number in the reference field.

Thanks

Billy
    Thanks a million Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

Hi
    I want to transfer money into my credit card account using TransferWise.
    The IBAN, BIC and reference are all clear, but what is the name of the account holder? Is that important to have right? TransferWise requires it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

osullc10 wrote: »
    Hi
    I want to transfer money into my credit card account using TransferWise.
    The IBAN, BIC and reference are all clear, but what is the name of the account holder? Is that important to have right? TransferWise requires it.
    Hi Osullc10,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie. The name of the account holder would be "Bank of Ireland Credit Cards". This would generally be for your own records to know who you are paying to.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement