Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

medieval enthusiasts

Options
  • 14-02-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

hey I was just wondering if there are any medieval entusiasts out there?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

jojo86 wrote: »

We're not that old.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭jojo86

?!! Did I offend? I was just wondering if anyone is interested in medieval history/studies it/re enacts etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

in b4 someone makes a crack about the Catholic Church...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

jojo86 wrote: »

Count me in. In what aspect are you interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Yup, love medieval history, especially the earlier period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I seem to have become interested in it by default because one of my tribe is at Trinity studying the period. I get "orders" and have managed to accumulate God knows how many documentaries and .pdf publications. I think that I should get the degree as well, for perseverance if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Little_Korean

Hell, yeah!

Dark Age/Late Antiquity studies all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

i have always been interested about the middle ages,anything from the crusades to the war of the roses.recently finished reading the plantagnets by dan jones,a terrific book about the early plantagnet kings of england,what was fasinating was how hard it was to stay on the throne,if you werent up to the job you were likely cast aside and sometimes in brutal fashion.it was also interesting that it seemed that for every successful king,a disastrous one would take his place.

also been very interested in the richard the third dig,what surprised me was how severe his scoliosis was,sources had said he was an able fighter and that he killed two people at bosworth but im not sure is that possible with the condition he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 baaah

I like listening to podcasts covering history topics from the post Roman Empire era up to the Middle ages. Particularly those that cover Ireland in that period. Apparently, we Irish were really a bloodthirsty lot in those days! We had lots of "Kings" apparently, but in reality I think they were just tribal chieftains , intent on killing their rivals and grabbing land.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

I consider gothic architecture to be the pinnacle (tee hee) of the styles,so by proxy,am also interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement