Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

They knew for weeks it was being questioned and knew this day last week it had to be withdrawn. Min of Ag told yesterday. He should have skin and hair flying in there, but he seems a mild man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,120 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

New hand sanitizer being made as we speak.

https://twitter.com/AvatarDomy/status/1319732191673417728?s=20

Water John wrote: »
    They knew for weeks it was being questioned and knew this day last week it had to be withdrawn. Min of Ag told yesterday. He should have skin and hair flying in there, but he seems a mild man.

Herself has had headaches since returning to school. She's been blaming wearing masks all day, and it could be, I wonder had this stuff an input to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I reckoned the vote would go that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

There's a couple of posters here all I can say is I don't know where they get their energy from debate point of view. Hats off they know who they are and doing a V ery good job. I've snuck off on a coffee break :D

• Advertisement

New hand sanitizer being made as we speak.

https://twitter.com/AvatarDomy/status/1319732191673417728?s=20

I was nearly expecting a biochar equivalent in that video ha

Say My Name is dreaming of becoming Walter White.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,120 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Say My Name is dreaming of becoming Walter White.

I've never watched Breaking Bad.

I had to Google. .Walter White.

(But that Twitter link was shared by a biochar maker).

Son was a massive fan and he's studying pharmacy, ha. Never watched it myself but has a great premise.

Son was a massive fan and he's studying pharmacy, ha. Never watched it myself but has a great premise.

Friends said it is very good too. Might add it to my winter box set listing. Running out of things to watch!

• Advertisement

What is more worrying about the sanitiser is that it wasn't up to the job.
    'Concerns regarding the sanitiser related to varying and inadequate levels of ethanol in the product, as well as the detection of methanol at varying levels in some samples”, the Minister told the Dáil.

Inadequate levels of ethanol would render the product “ineffective”, he added.'

The Journal
    https://www.thejournal.ie/minister-for-agriculture-5243499-Oct2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Herself has had headaches since returning to school. She's been blaming wearing masks all day, and it could be, I wonder had this stuff an input to them.

This was withdrawn from daughters school today. When I was telling her she said loads of kids in her class have been bringing their own sanitiser in because it was ripping the hands of them. She never mentioned it and thankfully has had no bother.

Separately wife had a serious eye reaction to one of the home made sanitisers that some places are using. Was awful.

_Brian wrote: »
    This was withdrawn from daughters school today. When I was telling her she said loads of kids in her class have been bringing their own sanitiser in because it was ripping the hands of them. She never mentioned it and thankfully has had no bother.

Separately wife had a serious eye reaction to one of the home made sanitisers that some places are using. Was awful.

Circle K were using it too and withdrew it from all their outlets today. You'd wonder what other businesses were using it.

Ingredient imported from Turkey. A few lads around my part of the country would have no problem making a supply, guaranteed 70% proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

First Half term down. It was a fair slog but worth it. Some paperwork to de done. Looking forward to doing a bit of farming.

With the lockdown, my ohs hours have changed. She only works part time so it was 7 days on 7 off and we’re making do, now it’s changed to 5 hour shifts Monday to Friday. Costing us about €30 a week over her salary for child care and diesel at moment. So she will have to try sort something with them. Her job is not essential and the building she works in is officially closed but she works for the council so they are making them come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

One up for them.

I cook vegetables to retain their nutrients, and wont be mangling them into a ball of twine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Time of year again.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Strange times.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

This time last year I was in liverpool for a game. Will be a long time before we get to go again

whelan2 wrote: »
    This time last year I was in liverpool for a game. Will be a long time before we get to go again

Yea.
    Covid has take away those milestone events we all punctuate they year with.

You have to wonder will vaccines be viable in time to safe next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Yea.
    Covid has take away those milestone events we all punctuate they year with.

As long as you have herself and the girls, the events can be sacrificed.

Will potential vaccines be safe given their hurried development :confused:

Jb1989 wrote: »
    As long as you have herself and the girls, the events can be sacrificed.

Your right of course.
    Thank you.

See calls after today’s system crash to allow some bidders ringside.

Would it be possible to have it run in tandem do you think ?? Online and real-time bidding on the same animals. Be hard to coordinate I’d imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭Base price

New Irish record price for a bull sold today
    https://twitter.com/farmersjournal/status/1320051683490209798?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Would it be possible to have it run in tandem do you think ?? Online and real-time bidding on the same animals. Be hard to coordinate I’d imagine.

That's how it was since march

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Was this not happening already? Was the online bidding scrapped once marts reopened? I'd imagine it would be easy enough to take bids from both, the auctioneer just has to keep an eye on his screen as well. Don't they do it at horse and art sales all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

I have an old spring Harrow but all the tines are busted.....12 out of 16...anyone know where I could get replacements?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    I have an old spring Harrow but all the tines are busted.....12 out of 16...anyone know where I could get replacements?

That harrow will be like Triggers brush by the time you're finished!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Mac Taylor wrote: »

Like this one?

Advertisement