Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standard mobile/voice sim compatible with LTE enabled Tablet?

Options
  • 30-11-2019 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question for ye, that someone may be able to clear up;

I am looking to purchase a Tablet that is LTE enabled, so can take a sim card. Due to my location, Eir/GoMo are currently the best option for coverage and at the moment their standard mobile/voice sims offer a better data package as opposed to mobile broadband/data sims.

So I'm wondering if I put a standard mobile/voice sim into the tablet, will the tablet be able to use the data from that package?

Furthermore, it got me thinking about fixed mobile broadband in the house also. Can these mobile/voice sims be put into a router and the data used from it?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Richie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 buzz77

RichCRX wrote: »
    Hi all,

Quick question for ye, that someone may be able to clear up;

I am looking to purchase a Tablet that is LTE enabled, so can take a sim card. Due to my location, Eir/GoMo are currently the best option for coverage and at the moment their standard mobile/voice sims offer a better data package as opposed to mobile broadband/data sims.

So I'm wondering if I put a standard mobile/voice sim into the tablet, will the tablet be able to use the data from that package?

Furthermore, it got me thinking about fixed mobile broadband in the house also. Can these mobile/voice sims be put into a router and the data used from it?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Richie.

Yes, SIM works in LTE enabled tablet or router. Mind the 80GB / month limit though...

Advertisement