Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in Teaching in Dubai?

Options
  • 12-07-2019 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone!

I often scroll through the education forums and have noticed that there are a lot of posts regards to teaching in Dubai. Having worked as a teacher for 3 years in Dubai I can offer my assistance to answering any questions that you folks may have - types of schools, salary packages, culture, lifestyle, etc.
    I also work for a school that has several sister schools in the area so if anyone is looking for work I could help you to get a foot in the door over here. The more Irish the better I say!!

Kind regards,

TeacherSocial

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EmmaC95

Hi there,
    I am possibly interested in preschool teaching in Dubai/UAE. I know some people who are currently over there with Sabis. I have heard mixed reviews about them. I don't even know where to start. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Gotta get some off that sweet sweet commish.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Gotta get some off that sweet sweet commish.....

the_commish.jpg

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    the_commish.jpg

:confused:

He means don't be caught with drugs a teacher from the UK had his head chopped off for being found smoking weed. They don't like that carry on over there allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    He means don't be caught with drugs a teacher from the UK had his head chopped off for being found smoking weed. They don't like that carry on over there allegedly.

Absolute bullsh!t. Care to provide a link to back up your claim?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Absolute bullsh!t. Care to provide a link to back up your claim?

Ah no.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

Hi everyone!

I often scroll through the education forums and have noticed that there are a lot of posts regards to teaching in Dubai. Having worked as a teacher for 3 years in Dubai I can offer my assistance to answering any questions that you folks may have - types of schools, salary packages, culture, lifestyle, etc.
    I also work for a school that has several sister schools in the area so if anyone is looking for work I could help you to get a foot in the door over here. The more Irish the better I say!!

Kind regards,

TeacherSocial

Hi Teacher Social,

I have 6 years experience and have also done some work with the NCCA. I am a PE & History Teacher and have a wife and two young children. I am looking to move abroad from 2020 on a career break initially and would appreciate any advice/experience you could share.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Hi Teacher Social,

I currently hold a Level 7 qualification as a Paramedic and also a Level 9 qualification in Occupational Health and Safety.

I would like to teach in the UAE but am lacking the Level 8 Bachelors Degree which is a requirement for the visa and also have no teaching licence as of yet.

Is there any one year Level 8 course that you are aware of that I could sit to fill in the gap with the Level 8 requirement and teaching licence requirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Karladoyle

hi,
    i have heard mixed reviews about sabis could anyone offer some guidance as I would love to teach in dubai
    thanks in advance

Advertisement