Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood filler or epoxy for outdoor project

Options
  • 03-05-2021 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Building raised bed + bench, and looking to fill some of the holes in the raw timber before treating with danish oil.

The timber is good, it's yet to be used, just some knots have fallen out and some parts were a bit close to the bark from the looks of it.

Is https://www.woodies.ie/ronseal-100g-multi-purpose-wood-filler-light-312033 sufficient to fill these in? There's a couple of deep ones about 1/2" to 1". Or is there some epoxy resin I should be looking for? In which case where would I find some around Galway?

I'm generally hoping to hide the areas that needed to be filled, just assuming that filling and then treating will oil will help prevent those areas from rotting better than just relying on the oil to get in around the hole left by the knot falling out.

Advertisement