Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking

Options
  • 14-07-2015 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Not sure if this is in the right forum but we're looking to get someone to dismantle and remove our deck from the back of the house. I was planning on advertising the job on Tradesmen.ie but they're looking for a min and max budget but I've no idea what it's likely to cost. I'm also not sure if we should look for a carpenter to do the job or just a general handyman.

The deck is approx 32sq mtrs and there's about 8mtrs of guard rail. I'm also not sure if we should try and get someone to buy the boards as salvage rather than just dumping them.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

hardwood or soft wood?
    what the base, just more timber?
    is it attached to house

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭greyc

hardwood or soft wood?
    what the base, just more timber?
    is it attached to house

Yes it's attached to the house and it's raised on a wooden frame. Not really sure what type of wood it's just the normal decking boards that you get in B&Q etc

so softwood, being attached to the house means you need to take care taking it off so u just don't need any old knacker in there.
    Whats the plan when the deck gets removed, could u get who ever is coming next to remove it?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭greyc

so softwood, being attached to the house means you need to take care taking it off so u just don't need any old knacker in there.
    Whats the plan when the deck gets removed, could u get who ever is coming next to remove it?

Yes I think the plan was to try and get whoever dismantles it to remove it as well, unless we could sell it for salvage but I don't know if it's worth anything. What we really want to know is approx how much the dismantling and removal will cost

greyc wrote: »
    Yes I think the plan was to try and get whoever dismantles it to remove it as well, unless we could sell it for salvage but I don't know if it's worth anything. What we really want to know is approx how much the dismantling and removal will cost
    If part of another job and no salvage then half a day for 2 men assuming nothing concreted in.
    They would cut it in strips across the deck with a skill saw and jemmy it out.
    If juts that job, I would say they will want a days work plus a skip.
    Say 300 euro , noW that boom is BACK plus skip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Jimmy_M

If you have a little bit of extra time, my advice is take a picture and put it on adverts.ie as either free to take away try to get a price - eg 100 euro for it.

Personally speaking - id just put it up for free... but leave it up for a week or 2. If you dont get any takers - then use tradesmen to find someone (you dont need a carpenter) to do it.

Depending where in the country you are You'd be surprised what people will buy on adverts - i did something similar with a back garden full of old grey slabs - i got near a euro each for them.

Ive used tradesmen.ie too - just put the min fee at 30 euro and the max at say calahondas 300 - personally id want them to take it away with them for that money.

Advertisement