Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid question but need an answer?

Options
  • 13-07-2015 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi guys can anyone help me with this, I am putting two photo frames together to create a photo frame box , one on top of the other. I was thinking of using wood glue but looks messy is there anyway I could get a hinge and screw the sides together or even one hinge at the top of photo box and a clasp at the end?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Post up a pic of the frames you want to attach together, it makes things a lot easier, and quicker to suggest the
    easiest method for you

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Are you hoping to open the top frame and insert the photo ? If so you will have to hinge it. Generally photos are inserted from the 'back' on to a sheet of glass. Make a drawing and post it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Ikea do deep photo frames.

Depending on what you're doing with yours, the rebate for the board at the back of the front frame might show and might not be as pretty as it could otherwise be.

#justsayin

Sorry I have no way to post a link at the moment but if you just Google image two frame shadow box you ll get an idea sorry. It's just two frames on top of each other giving it a deeper inside to hold momentos

• Advertisement

Yes thank you that's what I'm trying to make out of two frames

Yes thank you that's what I'm trying to make out of two frames

Good stuff.
    You will soon be put on the right track, plenty of knowledgeable folk here to advise you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

The link is gobbledygook for me anyway ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

recipio wrote: »
    The link is gobbledygook for me anyway ?!

ditto
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/home-gift-chroma-walnut-natural-shadow-box-frame-5x7/23985928?ean=0665788867896

or put 0665788867896 in as the product code if get the 404 error

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

Shadow box.

Advertisement