Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleaf iStick (availability, reviews etc.)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 angelcop

My nautilus mini has a manufacturer rated 1.8 (reading at 1.9) coil in it and my 50w istick won't go down past 3v with it unless I remove the mini and then it will go to 2, second the mini is hack on it jumps to 3. So no, I don't think the 30w will operate any differently.

How come it won't allow less than 3volts? What kind of clearo do I need to use to get to 2volt?

I prefer lower voltage because the juice juice lasts longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

2 volts might not even get the coil hot enough to make vapor. Even the small cig shaped batteries put out over 3 volts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 angelcop

So what's the 2volt setting for? Sub ohm stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

angelcop wrote: »
    So what's the 2volt setting for? Sub ohm stuff?

2 volts is no good to run a coil properly,that was just a low number they picked out of the sky & made a chip with it. ( an imaginary setting,a selling trick to beat other Manufacturers.
    We should all keep away from volts & use watts all the time,the watts will control your atty automatically because the resistance of a coil will change over time.
    On the last page,DBALL put up a video to explain volts & wattage.

It's alot to take in & harder to explain in words,thank gawd for youtube,pictures tell a thousand words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Beanstalk wrote: »
    My squape leaked a little on the ileaf i bought and the leak is actually going through the battery casing and coming out by the buttons at the bottom! Do you think I should contact my seller on this? I know the leaking source is my problem, but the fact thats its leaking through the casing could be bad?

This is a 30w version too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

My squape leaked a little on the ileaf i bought and the leak is actually going through the battery casing and coming out by the buttons at the bottom! Do you think I should contact my seller on this? I know the leaking source is my problem, but the fact thats its leaking through the casing could be bad?

I don't think you can expect the seller to do anything for you really, the iStick isn't advertised as waterproof tbf. It can probably handle a little bit of leaking into the 510 connection.

As above,the seller is not responsible for this type of problem,but you could take it apart & dry what you can,there are YT videos showing how to strip a 20w istick,should be the same as the 30w,I do remember that the screen & buttons were taken out for cleaning purposes.
    5ml of juice leaked through my IPV2,I left it for a week & it has been working great since the leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I got my missus the 20w [in pink!] a few months back. I was still using my old knackered Vamo and a Nautilus, and thought there was nothing like it for the price ... after trying her set up here and there over a few weeks I started to feel like the Vamo was, well, a bit crap! Even at lower wattage, her wee iStick was giving a better hit with the same tank. It might be my imagination, but juices even tasted better! Reckon my Vamo is just all over the place, and lying about what power it's at.

Anyway, yesterday I finally took the plunge and bought the 50w iStick, and an Atlantis. All I can say is ... wow!. I feel like I'm experiencing all over again [vaping 2 year now] but with something 100 times better than what I started out on.

I wanted something simple, powerful, long lasting battery-wise, that would introduce me to a more powerful, better tasting vape, without having to do builds [I'm lazy like that] that was pocket friendly and looked cool, not OTT, just ... cool - and I wanted it for less than €100. Not much to ask huh? :D Well, I got it. I think it's amazing. The Atlantis is the best 'clearo' I've ever tried, and I've been pushing it, not a gurgle or dry hit, not once, and the flavour is great [I'm running it with the 0.5 ohm coil, with a high VG juice at 35-40w, largest air ... 'hole' on the tank] And the iStick itself has only been hooked up to the laptop for pass through charging here and there, since yesterday morning, and still on full batt.

Oh, and I got it in black ... there wasn't a pink in stock :P

One thing I noticed, the Atlantis, for anyone interested, might not take a lot of juice, but I have vaped/sucked-the-life-out-of-juice in it right to the bottom, till it was almost bone dry, and still didn't get any burnt hits! Just make sure the holes for wicking are within the spaces in the castle shaped cut-outs and you're good to suck it dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Anyway, yesterday I finally took the plunge and bought the 50w iStick, and an Atlantis. All I can say is ... wow!. I feel like I'm experiencing all over again [vaping 2 year now] but with something 100 times better than what I started out on.

I wanted something simple, powerful, long lasting battery-wise, that would introduce me to a more powerful, better tasting vape, without having to do builds [I'm lazy like that] that was pocket friendly and looked cool, not OTT, just ... cool - and I wanted it for less than €100. Not much to ask huh? :D Well, I got it. I think it's amazing. The Atlantis is the best 'clearo' I've ever tried, and I've been pushing it, not a gurgle or dry hit, not once, and the flavour is great [I'm running it with the 0.5 ohm coil, with a high VG juice at 35-40w, largest air ... 'hole' on the tank] And the iStick itself has only been hooked up to the laptop for pass through charging here and there, since yesterday morning, and still on full batt.

Oh, and I got it in black ... there wasn't a pink in stock :P

One thing I noticed, the Atlantis, for anyone interested, might not take a lot of juice, but I have vaped/sucked-the-life-out-of-juice in it right to the bottom, till it was almost bone dry, and still didn't get any burnt hits! Just make sure the holes for wicking are within the spaces in the castle shaped cut-outs and you're good to suck it dry.

Great review Thecageyone. Quick question from a relative newbie, is the Atlantis a sub-ohm tank? If so, what are the differences between "ordinary" vaping and using the Atlantis (I use the mini nautilus)?

Yup, it's a sub-ohm tank, the coils I got with are both 0.5 ohm. I'm certainly no expert, all I know is these sub ohm coils allow you to push the wattage/voltage well beyond the norm, and produce a lot more vapour. You're talking clouds of creamy white here. It has 4 select-able air holes/slots, the largest one allowing tonnes of airflow, combined with the high wattage output you burn up a lot of juice per inhale, and you're chugging out plumes very quickly - best way I can describe it :D The flavour is much better too, very comparable to a dripping atty, if you've ever tried one?

I was using the standard Nautilus and the mini, in around 10-12w beforehand. And I thought they were pretty good. But this is a step above. I'm trying the same juices I had in the nauty tanks, and it's like re-experiencing them all over again, only much better!

• Advertisement

I bought the upgraded 5ml Atlantis tank for €11 & well worth it,these 0.5 coils just keep on working,fantastic tank & they say the Delta II is even better,there is a new sub ohm tank that is better than these,there are 3 coils,1.2,0.5 & 0.2,it's called the Arctic,here is a video about it,if you are not into swearing,I suggest a warning...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1XKORhWphY

If I had any reservations about the effects of vaping, I wouldn't vape, simple. Also, nobody says you have to blow clouds! :D It's a novelty for sure, I'm not huge on it either. But with the likes of the Atlantis, you can still close it up to the smallest hole, and do your normal mouth to lung inhales, and it's just like a decent, standard tank .... with better flavour! I'll be sticking around the 30w mark, it seems to be just fine for me with these 0.5 ohm coils. I get great flavour, good TH .. and IF I so please, I can blow clouds in the comfort of my own home, not bothering anybody ;) I certainly wouldn't be doing that out and about. The only downside I see for going beyond say 40w ... is how fast these tanks drink up your juice. Bit of self management is all it takes to get the best from them all round.

The iStick 30w would have been enough for my needs, but I don't like the top, how they've compensated for bigger tanks, like you say. And the 50w was only €20 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

I bought the upgraded 5ml Atlantis tank for €11 & well worth it,these 0.5 coils just keep on working,fantastic tank & they say the Delta II is even better,there is a new sub ohm tank that is better than these,there are 3 coils,1.2,0.5 & 0.2,it's called the Arctic,here is a video about it,if you are not into swearing,I suggest a warning...

that guy cracks me up.. there's just no need for that, but it is funny :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

It's absolutely ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. I'm partial to a little overly emphasized self expression every now and again but this guy is something else.
    No idea what he thought of the tanks even though I think I watched the summary 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Wow. I could only handle 4 minutes of that. Very enjoyable 4 minutes though. Ya fcuking cnuts.

EDIT: Is subohmingyerfukindickoff a good or a bad thing :confused:

Some reviewers,I would be falling asleep at the desk,but this joker from Oz keeps me on my toes,a couple videos back that he put out was so funny,he got married a few weeks ago & he was talking about vaping on honeymoon in Bali,she vapes as well apparently.I'm sure that is the way he speaks all the time,can you imagine calling your Mother in-law a Cnt & its time to Sub Ohm my dick off...LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Vaping my new 30w and I love it!

Just quick check:

I can use a mobile phone charger for this right? As in its not going to surge the flux capacitor.

Some reviewers,I would be falling asleep at the desk,but this joker from Oz keeps me on my toes,a couple videos back that he put out was so funny,he got married a few weeks ago & he was talking about vaping on honeymoon in Bali,she vapes as well apparently.I'm sure that is the way he speaks all the time,can you imagine calling your Mother in-law a Cnt & its time to Sub Ohm my dick off...LOL

Isn't vaping banned in parts of Oz? He should work in advocacy, could be the spokesman - meet politicians, appear on radio etc.

Back on topic, Busardo gave the 50w iStick a very good review, especially considering he can really hold back on praising some Chinese devices imo. He doesn't seem to overly emphasise that this is a $50 device. If someone told me 6 months ago you could get something like this for what I paid for my first ego set up...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

The Vaping Bogan is just great. Love his reviews and banter :)

accaguest wrote: »
    Isn't vaping banned in parts of Oz? He should work in advocacy, could be the spokesman - meet politicians, appear on radio etc.

Back on topic, Busardo gave the 50w iStick a very good review, especially considering he can really hold back on praising some Chinese devices imo. He doesn't seem to overly emphasise that this is a $50 device. If someone told me 6 months ago you could get something like this for what I paid for my first ego set up...:eek:

I paid more on smokegreens than I have on the iStick + Atlantis + recent juices, shocking! :D I knew nothing back then, and thought smokegreen cig-a-likes were all there was. I was buying bunches of packets of extra filters every week because the flavour was gone after an hour on each, and spare batts, as they'd only last about 2hrs at best, and I got a bunch of dud ones in that! Then I moved to the ego-C, again, spent way too much on that kit + spares + terrible juices at the time [there was a LT of bad juices about, with so many experimenting]

Saw PB's review, very long winded, as he does, but in the end he seems to really like it. Also saw reviews from other usual suspects and nobody had anything bad to say

• Advertisement

Tablet won't let me multiqutoe for some reason.

@Ezra

Charging devices like the iStick with a phone charger i think is fine - the smarter devices will only draw the current they need - but simple egos should be charged with plugs rated at .5amps, just for peace of mind. Somebody may correct me on that though.

@TheCageyOne

Busardo's reviews are so thorough though that they stand the test of time amazingly. I can look at ones from a year agp and nothing new, usually, comes out about the device. In an industry that moves so fast I'd hate to see him change.
    He's dragging his heels though not emphasizing how far American devices are falling behind/losing ground imo.He 's probably doing it out of genuine decency but they might need a kick up the arse as well. Be very interesting to see what the DNA 40 review comes out like, yihi might have their own temp chip outby then and they seem to always hit it first time.
    Evolv are getting a lot of slack from the big reviewers so far and all the traditional big American companoes surely must be struggling. A 20watt provari that goes to .7 ohms for $250. That's a declining market surely.

I'm going to watch more of this bogan fella now. Yin and yang.

The oddest review on it I saw was from Todd, the Scottish bloke in the shed :D He was almost lost for words in the end, trying to find something to nit-pick about it. I think it's the first time I've seen a vid of his where there wasn't one moan! And he says, these i-sticks are exactly what the market needs right now. They're solid, reliable, neat, safe and cheap! Like you say, gear like this could be a good kick up the hole for other manufacturers.

Todd ecigreviews on the iStick 50w

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

ezra_pound wrote: »
    Vaping my new 30w and I love it!

Just quick check:

I can use a mobile phone charger for this right? As in its not going to surge the flux capacitor.

You have to ram your gigahertz first or you could damage your oven. :pac:

iSticks support 1A charging, it'll say on the plug what Amps it puts out. So a .500A charger will charge it half as fast as a 1A charger. They don't explicitly say that using plugs above 1A is dangerous or safe on the eleaf site. I've used my Galaxy S5 charger which is 2A with no problems. The standard iPhone charger for the iPhone 4 is 1A, the iPad 2 charger is like 2.15 or something, just to give you an idea of the various amps that different devices chargers will come with.

I've tried mine with the ipad mini charger and all seemed fine :) But, mostly hooking it up to the laptop and pass through vaping while it charges away. 3 days now and it's still full batt just doing that here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

bought a 20w one during the week, best purchase for me ever, small \ nice read out display \ battery lasted three days

if you are looking for a new battery get this immediately, you wont be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Ooops, dropped my nautilus mini aspire one, and yeah, it cracked very easily...

oh, if you happen to drop it and it shatters, be careful picking up the shards, they cut like f**k ...

bit annoyed with myself...

Broke my Nautilus tank twice to date. Both time on the Vamo, that old habit of leaving it standing up on wobbly tables :/

I bought replacement glass both times, if it breaks agin F it ... I'll be buying something cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Both of you, instead of buying replacement glass sections, I highly recommend the metal type, gives a lot more protection if you're a clutz (like me). There is glass still inside the metal, so it can still be broken if its a hefty bang, but for simple knock overs its great. I've knocked mine over several times, no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Didihno wrote: »
    Both of you, instead of buying replacement glass sections, I highly recommend the metal type, gives a lot more protection if you're a clutz (like me). There is glass still inside the metal, so it can still be broken if its a hefty bang, but for simple knock overs its great. I've knocked mine over several times, no bother.

What what you recommend, as in the case of iStick 20?

Oh, I learnt of this - which I did not know about, (left with 28quid out of pocket, yeah, bought another! :( ), for the standard nautilus aspire (not the mini version), the glass part can be bought for 13quid, but they did not have one for the mini...

raging me am...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nuttyboy79

t0mm13b wrote: »
    What what you recommend, as in the case of iStick 20?

Oh, I learnt of this - which I did not know about, (left with 28quid out of pocket, yeah, bought another! :( ), for the standard nautilus aspire (not the mini version), the glass part can be bought for 13quid, but they did not have one for the mini...

raging me am...

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/mininautsteel.htm

Advertisement