Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite areas of biology?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 BotanyQueen

Botany, physiology and micro are my favs...

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

What topics in biology are you particularly interested in?

I love anything to do with genetics or microbiology.
    I love finding out about how such little things have such profound implications on our everyday life. And it seriously annoys me when people try to talk about evolution when they don't have a clue:mad:

Agreed, im only a second year undergrad and have only recently finished the evolution module of my course..but I didnt know I was looking at evolution in completely the wrong way..I see it from a genetics stand point now aswell (Dawkins changed me)..

From a person who has only dipped their toes into biology I would say that microbiology is my favourite area..although I have lot to see yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Ethology - 2 modules on it this semester, cant wait!
    Evolutionary Bio,
    Quite fond of fungi too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Any of the squelchy bits and none of the planty bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I have a strange, morbid curiousity towards anything concerning gynaecolodgy or reproductive biolodgy. I'm not sure when or why I developed such a fascination but I'm just amazed and intrigued by the inner workings of the female body.

Maybe I was OBGYN in a previous life!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

McChubbin wrote: »
    I have a strange, morbid curiousity towards anything concerning gynaecolodgy or reproductive biolodgy. I'm not sure when or why I developed such a fascination but I'm just amazed and intrigued by the inner workings of the female body.

Maybe I was OBGYN in a previous life!
    How exactly is it morbid? :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I dunno, but for whatever reason, I'm oddly ashamed of admitting to the fascination.

I'm also interested in what happens when we die so there's a whoile life/death theme that I gravitate towards in terms of biolodgy.

Advertisement