Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleaf iStick (availability, reviews etc.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yeah, should have got that really. First time mine broke the replacement glass was only €7, on sale. Second time it was €10 - I'm not spending anymore on the Nautilus, got an atlantis too - at least that came with spare glass! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Why dont they just develop a pyrex casing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

+1 on the metal cased tank. they also don't seem to get stupid tight to open. I had to bust a glass one open with a screwdriver the other day. but I had a spare glass tank anyway. I never tighten them too much but they seem to tighten themselves.

I couldn't even open the glass one other day with pliers. Took a few hits to break. seemed fairly strong to me. I can open the metal one by hand without fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'd recommend the dick and balls tank for the mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

54kroc wrote: »
    I'd recommend the dick and balls tank for the mini.

Yeah it was a toss off... Sorry a toss up between the penis tank and the hollow-out one, the hollow out one was hard to see your juice level, but the dick and balls one looked.. Like a dick and balls.

• Advertisement

They made a cock up in the design of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

Wonder if the juice level decreases in the cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Those ones tend not to work so well after a few pints though.
    You can tell it wants to but it just can't. Allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

does anyone know if the Aspire Atlantis sub-ohm tank work with the eLeaf 20w?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

25w and upwards is best. Some say 30w plus as a minimum :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

kingtiger wrote: »
    does anyone know if the Aspire Atlantis sub-ohm tank work with the eLeaf 20w?

Thanks

It wont work with the stock 0.5 ohm coil the 20w iStick will only work with coils above 1 ohm. You could use the rebuildable section and build a coil above 1 ohm.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

AFAIK there isn't a rebuildable base for the Atlantis but I saw 1.2 ohm coils somewhere.

If you're looking at sub-ohm tanks the Delta 2 or sub-tank have much better flavour the the Atlantis.

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    It wont work with the stock 0.5 ohm coil the 20w iStick will only work with coils above 1 ohm. You could use the rebuildable section and build a coil above 1 ohm.

thanks but I was thinking of upgrading my old Kanger Aerotank to a Kanger Subtank or a Aspire Atlantis

dunno yet though in two minds about what to purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Both wont work with the iStick of the 2 the Kanger one comes with a rebuildable section that you can make your own coils and then it will work. If you are stuck on getting either of the 2 clearos with out getting into rebuilding you're going to have to look at the 30w or 50w iStick. But if you are going to rebuild just get a kayfun it's a piece of pi55 to build and will work with your 20w iStick once you stay above the 1 ohm mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

thanks but I was thinking of upgrading my old Kanger Aerotank to a Kanger Subtank or a Aspire Atlantis

dunno yet though in two minds about what to purchase

It's nice to have both,Atlantis cost me another 11euro to upgrade to a bigger tank.
    The Subtank is the way to go,it has everything a vaper needs & no extra money to fork out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

They make 1.2 Ohm coils for the subtank don't they? They should work ok on a 20W iStick.

grand thanks lads, so its looking like the Subtank and an eLeaf 30w

don't know if I would have a patience or dexterity to rebuild coils though

:D:D:D you will,eventually...

You might as well pay a little extra for the istick 50,the battery is a 4400Mah & better than the 30w.

You had better hurry up & buy this before the next verion comes out :D:D:D

One more question lads before I purchase

what strength juice should I going for on a sub ohm tank? is 18mg too strong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

One more question lads before I purchase

what strength juice should I going for a sub ohm tank? is 18mg too strong?

Way too strong, 6mg would be ok or even 3mg if you can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I can build them on a kayfun. Let's just say, if I can build one, anyone can...

My granny won't get out the good crockery when I visit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I use 12mg regularly, but when I bought the Atlantis I got some 6mg, and even that gives a powerful kick on certain juices. I'd suggest trying that out, 18mg in a sub ohm tank is going to explode your throat and lung! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

The threads went in my iStick 20w after about 3 months of use. I thought it was ready for the bin, but watched this video where he suggests using a piece of cardboard as a temporary fix and it work really well.

I'm hoping I can use the iStick Bending Adapter, as a permanent solution. Anyone else had their threads go and fix it?

Update:

Instead of buying the istick bending adapter, I used a beauty ring I had lying around and wrapped the male connector with a small piece of duck tape. It work perfectly, tight connection and I can add and remove tanks.

Any one know if its safe or not to have duck tape so close to the connection?

Dubba wrote: »
    Update:

Instead of buying the istick bending adapter, I used a beauty ring I had lying around and wrapped the male connector with a small piece of duck tape. It work perfectly, tight connection and I can add and remove tanks.

Any one know if its safe or not to have duck tape so close to the connection?

I would do some roasties & cabbage to go with it :D:D:D

Haha. I like this quote - "If it can't be fixed with d̶u̶c̶k̶ duct tape, then you're not using enough" .

I can confirm the bending adapter does not work as a fix for fecked threads.

Interesting with the duct tape. I had used a piece of kanthal as a temp solution but it wore down my threads a bit more even.

Cheers J Mysterio, saves me buying the bending adapter that wont work.

Duct tape solution didn't turn out well - when warmed up in my pocket the glue melted and it came off. I've gone back to the cardboard strip, which is working well, so far.

This is a comment in the video I posted earlier... might be a solution - "I would also suggest using PTFE tape on the male connector if you're looking for a more permanent solution ."

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I wonder could you take it apart and replace the 510 with one of the smaller Fat Daddy ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Dubba wrote: »
    The threads went in my iStick 20w after about 3 months of use. I thought it was ready for the bin, but watched this video where he suggests using a piece of cardboard as a temporary fix and it work really well.

I'm hoping I can use the iStick Bending Adapter, as a permanent solution. Anyone else had their threads go and fix it?
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    I can confirm the bending adapter does not work as a fix for fecked threads.

Interesting with the duct tape. I had used a piece of kanthal as a temp solution but it wore down my threads a bit more even.

I suddenly had problems with the threading on my istick, after 4 months usage. Got that bending adapter during the week, and it's now working perfectly.

Advertisement