Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Workspace to rent

Options
  • 28-05-2020 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Just looking to see if there are any work spaces to rent which are equipped. It's just hobbie related where I want to try a few things. A shared space or rent by the hour rather then the month. I'm in Dublin but would travel within reason
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'd be incredibly surprised if you'd find one - the insurance alone on allowing a hobbyist to use equipment they're not a professional using, would be eye watering.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Clubman

Yeah I thinking that myself. I suppose one fully equipped is too much to ask for. Many I'll just look for some space lol

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Any renter will have to have public liability to rent to you presumably.

And a novice wielding a lethal hand held router might be too much risk for him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BackInTown

kadman wrote: »
    Any renter will have to have public liability to rent to you presumably.

And a novice wielding a lethal hand held router might be too much risk for him:D

I visited a maker workspace with a colleague in Berlin. It was amazing. Fully equipped for metal, wood and electronics. Government subsidized. Shame our legal system can prevent such nice things.

What about men’s sheds - any chance something like that would work. I don’t know of specific ones...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

BackInTown wrote: »
    I visited a maker workspace with a colleague in Berlin. It was amazing. Fully equipped for metal, wood and electronics. Government subsidized. Shame our legal system can prevent such nice things.

What about men’s sheds - any chance something like that would work. I don’t know of specific ones...

Ahh but the germans tend to have a logical professional approach to many many things. Good sense and logic appears to mean something to them.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

There are plenty of mens around Dublin the only down side is the hours

Advertisement