Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planed Deanta Oak Door

Options
  • 20-05-2020 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi, we got a Deanta Oak internal door installed and the edges where planed to fit the frame, can somebody recommend a product to to refinish the edge? Oil, varnish etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Cellulose lacquer, is the finish on most shop bought doors, most hardware/paint shops sell it in aerosol cans, which would be fine for what you need, you may need to mask the door faces, a few inches either side to avoid over spray.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Surely you should be contacting the manufacturer for this advice, so as not to affect the guarantee, if any,

http://deantadoors.ie/

Problem with masking and overspray is the possibilty of a definitive raised edge where the two meet,

if you are not carfeul. Then feathering off with wet and dry paper. So attention to the detail during the finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

i did contact Deanta and they sent this from there website "3 coats of internal wood finish are required on unfinished doors and on any modifications to a prefinished door including the ironmongery and hinge cut-outs" which didn't help which is why i asked for experience from here

eusap wrote: »
    i did contact Deanta and they sent this from there website "3 coats of internal wood finish are required on unfinished doors and on any modifications to a prefinished door including the ironmongery and hinge cut-outs" which didn't help which is why i asked for experience from here

Brilliant, about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

You came to the right place so:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement