Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for recommendations for Photo management software

Options
  • 27-04-2020 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for photo management software?

I used to use Picasa a few years back and found it really good for finding multiples and cataloging etc. This has been discontinued and I have almost 1 TB of images from the last 10-15 years that I need to go through and sort.

Mainly looking for something that can scan my folder, find any duplicates of which there are many and help me catalog the collection.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Can’t be certain it fits the bill but I think photo mechanic or Lightroom will do most of what you need. (I haven’t used it in many years)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Can’t be certain it fits the bill but I think photo mechanic or Lightroom will do most of what you need. (I haven’t used it in many years)

Cheers, I’ll have a look. I have a trial of Movavi downloading at the moment, sounds like it will do what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Darktable is a free, open-source software package similar to Lightroom.
    I'm not sure if it'll do what you want, but it may.
    If the files you're looking to prune are identical copies, jdupes would probably work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Darktable is great!

Advertisement