Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman VR

Options
  • 03-04-2020 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭

anyone have a look at the Ironman Vr thing, boredom and curiosity more than anything got me looking at it

the virtual race thing doesnt overly interest me , i was just curious to see what it was

its a very clunky and awkward web set up, no app yet, hard to believe such a major brand / company can make something thats not user friendly at all ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

yea, I briefly took a look at it too - it really is so hard to believe how they can get such a simple method as a common login so badly wrong - it's enough to put you off even taking a look at the whole bloody thing.

once I did manage to login, I have to admit that I almost considered signing up for it but then the thoughts of a 3 hour turbo followed by a half marathon this weekend quickly brought be back to my senses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

they've opened up a shorter one for next weekend - here's the blurb

"IRONMAN VR2 is now open to our entire community of IRONMAN Athletes for registration and will be a 5150® race simulation! Run 3 km, ride 40 km, and run 10 km in three sessions between 6 pm GMT on Friday, April 10, and 11:59 pm GMT on Sunday, April 12 to finish the second race in the IRONMAN Virtual Racing Series"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

i thought cycling along with everyone else on the course on the rouvy app would be a bit of craic but its smart trainer only..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

I too was shocked at how bad the setup was!

I signed up out of boredom/curiosity last night.... I was explaining it to the other half and she came out with 'so it's basically like one of those strava challenges' and from what I can figure out so far, she might be right on the money.. earning a virtual medal etc?

I suppose, if it's something that helps get people motivated or encourage to keep training hard during these times then it can only be a good thing.

I already do a fair bit on zwift but I might give this shorter format a go this weekend and see what I think of it. Try anything once and all that....

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Morrisp

johnk123 wrote: »
    I too was shocked at how bad the setup was!

I signed up out of boredom/curiosity last night.... I was explaining it to the other half and she came out with 'so it's basically like one of those strava challenges' and from what I can figure out so far, she might be right on the money.. earning a virtual medal etc?

I suppose, if it's something that helps get people motivated or encourage to keep training hard during these times then it can only be a good thing.

I already do a fair bit on zwift but I might give this shorter format a go this weekend and see what I think of it. Try anything once and all that....

Any links for this vr thing ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement