Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for IBT for 2nd provisional , never done IBT

Options
  • 02-06-2020 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi ,

I previously held a provisional bike licence before the IBT requirements were introduced, that license has expired . I have resat my theory test for a bike . To get on the road do I need to do the IBT as this will be my second provisional bike licence ?
    I Have a full licence for a car full .

Thanks for any info .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Yes you need to do the IBT.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

Once the gap between the two has been over 5 years and you're back to square one.

Also, big pet peeve of mine there is no such thing as a provisional licence anymore, there hasn't been for almost 10 years, it's now called a learner permit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

As you had to resit the theory test etc you’ll be starting from the beginning, as in a first learner permit. Again as another poster said, provisional licences are gone, since around 2009/10 at that.

Advertisement