Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Furlong Podcast

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Cathryn Fry, has come across very poorly. Stating she was annoyed she was replaced during her maternity, and left but still proceeded to tweet out her original tweet. Toxic stuff.

Had never heard of her till this
    Maybe that was the idea???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The whole thing is just a car crash now.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭famagusta

I see Hugh Cahill and Kevin blake are doing a weekly betfair podcast now.

Final furlong is gone to the dogs, a few things seriously wrong there...
    They are too long these days, two hours and over.
    The association with betfair is sickening because they're forced to put on lads like barry orr that haven't a clue, they only quote betfair prices, shoehorning in decimals etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

famagusta wrote: »
    I see Hugh Cahill and Kevin blake are doing a weekly betfair podcast now.

Final furlong is gone to the dogs, a few things seriously wrong there...
    They are too long these days, two hours and over.
    The association with betfair is sickening because they're forced to put on lads like barry orr that haven't a clue, they only quote betfair prices, shoehorning in decimals etc

In fairness and I haven't listened in a while but at least Barry Orr is a bit whitty. Kennedy is the problem. I'd have 10 Barry Orrs shouting exchange prices over Kennedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I see what used to the final furlong Cheltenham preview night is now basically an attheraces Cheltenham preview only with Kennedy jocked off as MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Morgans

His fall has been spectacular. He engineered the golden opportunity and couldn't stop himself from being himself. Shakespearean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Have him and Blake fallen out as he isn’t on that preview night but they are both linked in with Betfair yet are separate

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Cathryn Fry, has come across very poorly. Stating she was annoyed she was replaced during her maternity, and left but still proceeded to tweet out her original tweet. Toxic stuff.

She's a journo who's been around for a while, if you Google jp festival (5 years old), you'll find her doing racing reviews with delargy, James Norris, Dan Kelly and some other chap.

Kennedy was very non PC in world gone ultra PC, I'm surprised ATR and Betfair continue their relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Kevin Blake doing a new Podcast now with Tony Calvin and Hugn Cahill as the man in the middle. Seems to be more about discussing racing issues than a tipping type show. Two episodes in now:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-275456286/weighed-in-episode-three-racing-in-saudi-arabia-social-media-trolls

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Friday does be the tipping show with Gary O'Brien and that one on a Monday/Tuesday does be a review and then a general chat. 3 episodes so far have been great listening

• Advertisement

How long are they
    One big issue with the FFP is the length of it
    No one needs to spend 15 minutes listening to Emmet Kennedy explaining why he calls the Albert Bartlett "The Potato Race"

Around 50 minutes. The FF podcast is way too long alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

U mean Tomlinson and Watson on Turftalk is it?

Bored so am out running at the moment a lot, I like Eamon Dunphy on the Stand so my preferences may not be your bag. But it’s these two James & Tom they are young buts it’s there chat that I like don’t always agree but it’s miles better than Final Furlong.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

U mean Tomlinson and Watson on Turftalk is it?

James and Tom Northern Gamblers on Twitter and The Northern Gamblers on Pod Casts. They are young but it’s their chat that I like even if I don’t agree. Just two lads enthusiasm not trying to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Motivator

Every time I see a new post on this thread I hope there’s news of Emmet Kennedy being sent to the North Pole with no access to media devices. No harm, I’ll check again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

How long are they
    One big issue with the FFP is the length of it
    No one needs to spend 15 minutes listening to Emmet Kennedy explaining why he calls the Albert Bartlett "The Potato Race"

I see a few recent episodes of the FFP have been more than 3 hours in duration. That’s a lot to endure even in the current climate.

Looks like Betfair and ATR have pulled the plug on their sponsorship of this podcast.

Seems as though a certain host has been buying followers and listeners on Soundcloud :eek:

Blocking anyone on Twitter who calls him out about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Morgans

I was surprised the amount of race titles that mentioned the final furlong podcast (at ATR courses) over the past few months. Thought it was obviously dead in the water. I genuinely hope he is ok as I think it will hit him hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PooPooPooPoo

Am surprised to hear that the Final Furlong Podcast was dropped by ATR, they had the podcast name in races lately and it was always on the home page of the website.

If they were buying listeners then that's fair enough of a reason to be dropped but I wonder will we ever know. Kennedy is a marmite character alright but I doubt this will keep him down for long.

Well he has Aidan O'Brien on his next Pod so he's still doing ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Am surprised to hear that the Final Furlong Podcast was dropped by ATR, they had the podcast name in races lately and it was always on the home page of the website.

If they were buying listeners then that's fair enough of a reason to be dropped but I wonder will we ever know. Kennedy is a marmite character alright but I doubt this will keep him down for long.

Seems like a decent sort if a bit of an excitable chap. If he’s been doing the dirty then serves him right, if not feel a bit sorry for him.

Been ranting about mental health a lot over the last few weeks and while I pity him as he seems like a fragile sort, not really why people tune in.

I know Emmett Kennedy can be tough to listen to but I must say I enjoyed the interview he has just done with David Mullins.

maximo31 wrote: »
    I know Emmett Kennedy can be tough to listen to but I must say I enjoyed the interview he has just done with David Mullins.

Delargy is very good
    Paul Ferguson is very good
    Kate Treacy is very good
    Jess Stafford is very good
    Vanessa Ryle is funny

Kennedy is absolutely awful
    Passes a few trips into work tho

Advertisement