Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I would love to see these trust fund babies try this **** in Texas or some other city or state that allows or concealed carry instead of rioting in cities with Democrat mayors who will call off the Police. Its easy to say you're willing to die for your cause when you the local will protect you.

They are active in Texas.
    They helped out during the hurricanes in 2017 with logistics and helping people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

it doesnt matter what colour or creed their founder or figureheads are, they are very clearly a far-right nationalist

I never once argued that he was not a nationalist, he is a nationalist, do you have an opinion yourself on nationalism?

However to claim a person of colour is a white nationalist and supporter of white supremacy which 20C has done is comically stupid.

I never once argued that he was not a nationalist, he is a nationalist, do you have an opinion yourself on nationalism?

However to claim a person of colour is a white nationalist and supporter of white supremacy which 20C has done is comically stupid.

For the third time I never said he was a white nationalist, I even put it in bold.
    His group offers a platform and an umbrella to groups like that.
    They show up at his events.
    That's the point being made.

Thought it was clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

20Cent wrote: »
    What would you do?
    Enforce the laws. It's not that difficult an idea.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bus in a load of violent mouth breathing trust fund communists to clash with the alleged Nazis, burn cars, break windows, and attack random people. Sounds like a great plan for the town.

So they are communists and attacking 'alleged' Nazis? Are you getting all the feels for the misunderstood trust fund tiki torch brigade?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

They are active in Texas.
    They helped out during the hurricanes in 2017 with logistics and helping people.

Such high morals! Please do tell us more

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

peddlelies wrote: »
    Such high morals! Please do tell us more

<SNIP - no need to quote video>

Seen a similar video, antifa surround a guy that pushed through them as they were blocking the road. Antifa threw a few digs at him and the guy struck back knocking one of them out cold, at that moment antifa stopped attacking and started screaming at the cops to arrest the guy.

They're a bunch of fanny's.

Note:
    Not everyone in a hoodie is antifa.
    It's probably a very small group in reality.
    They are not super soldiers turning the US communist they are just anti fascist.
    As everyone should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,641 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    Seen a similar video, antifa surround a guy that pushed through them as they were blocking the road. Antifa threw a few digs at him and the guy struck back knocking one of them out cold, at that moment antifa stopped attacking and started screaming at the cops to arrest the guy.

Wow a description of a video.

Is this what it was like before Youtube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Because they didn't respond in kind? Maybe our hero should have called the cops? Or is working within the law just for fannys?

• Advertisement

Because they didn't respond in kind? Maybe our hero should have called the cops? Or is working within the law just for fannys?

They had already assaulted the guy several times then when he decided to hit back he knocked one guy out and the rest backed away and start screaming for the cops.

So they assaulted someone first and start crying when one of their comrades gets hit back.

Have I explained well enough for you??

A "Patriot Prayer" rally.

The guy doing nazi salutes is the head of fascist group Identity Europa.
    The guy shaking his hand is Jeremy Christian who went on to murder two people on a train.
    Nice bunch of lads.

video2.png

Kimsang wrote: »
    We're talking about Portland, not Charlottesville. Research your facts jesus...

America is a big place, theres more than one city there.

Ignore bigger points made and go for symantics.

Hi Kimsang.
    There are regular marches of nazis in your town,
    They won't be banned.
    The cops won't stop them.

What would you do?

But here's the problem, Neo Nazi's are absolutely despicable human beings, I've no interest in the opinion of anyone who might suggest otherwise, but whilst I consider Nazi's as to be those who subscribe to authoritarian views, white supremacy, and fascist ideology, Antifa, who by name are anti fascist but by action are the very definition of a fascist group, believe everyone who dares not join their little club as Nazi's.

If you see practically everyone who disagrees with your authoritarian views as a Nazi, you really are going to live a paranoid existence.

But here's the problem, Neo Nazi's are absolutely despicable human beings, I've no interest in the opinion of anyone who might suggest otherwise, but whilst I consider Nazi's as to be those who subscribe to authoritarian views, white supremacy, and fascist ideology, Antifa, who by name are anti fascist but by action are the very definition of a fascist group, believe everyone who dares not join their little club as Nazi's.

If you see practically everyone who disagrees with your authoritarian views as a Nazi, you really are going to live a paranoid existence.

But that's not true.
    They don't "see practically everyone who disagrees with your authoritarian views as a Nazi".

If they did they would be a lot busier than they are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Friendly reminder that the group responsible for the murder of Lyra McKee are heavily linked with Antifa.

Those defending them here should disavow immediately.

Screen-Shot-2019-04-25-at-11-19-54.png

Screen-Shot-2019-04-25-at-11-21-43.png

Screen-Shot-2019-04-25-at-11-33-44.png

Hoodie = "heavily linked"

It has no formal organisation or membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mr Karadzic

Friendly reminder that the group responsible for the murder of Lyra McKee are heavily linked with Antifa.

Those defending them here should disavow immediately.

Talk about scraping the barrell. No normal person would be involved with these cretins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Hoodie = "heavily linked"

It has no formal organisation or membership.

Will you disavow?

Never said Gibson is a white nationalist.
    I even put it in bold.
    He's not a white nationalist but the group which he founded and remains leader of is? You realise that makes as much sense as suggesting Mark Zuckerberg is a luddite, it's a mind boggingly stupid accusation.
    Patriot prayer organised it. It's well established they are a far right white nationalist

He's not a white nationalist but the group which he founded and remains leader of is? You realise that makes as much sense as suggesting Mark Zuckerberg is a luddite, it's a mind boggingly stupid accusation.

He's not the brightest spark.
    In a real fourth reich himself and Ngo would be off to the camps.
    Antifa are doing him a favour.

• Advertisement

Will you disavow?

disavow who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

disavow who?

I think means saoradh?

Dunno why like.....irish republicans have been involved in fight againest facism since the blueshirts were in their pomp here

_blaaz wrote: »
    I think means saoradh?

Dunno why like.....irish republicans have been involved in fight againest facism since the blueshirts were in their pomp here

Where does murdering journalists fit in with this fight against facism? Or maybe she wasnt a real journalist I'm not sure if she was or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

But that's not true.
    They don't "see practically everyone who disagrees with your authoritarian views as a Nazi".

If they did they would be a lot busier than they are!

Why do they block off streets and abuse normal people just going about their everyday business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

The guy doing nazi salutes is the head of fascist group Identity Europa.
    The guy shaking his hand is Jeremy Christian who went on to murder two people on a train.
    Nice bunch of lads.

video2.png

What’s this got to with the masked white thugs beating up the gay Asian journalist again?

He’s not a member of proud boy abd wasn’t fighting with them.

This is a bad look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Where does murdering journalists fit in with this fight against facism? Or maybe she wasnt a real journalist I'm not sure if she was or not.

Tbf noone is defending that (she was killed off a richohet btw,manslaughter not murder mate)

But meh,just pointing out the historic and troubled relationship between irish patriots and facists.....rant away all yous want though,let it all out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

You're equating criticizing one movement with praising another. You're highly hypocritical in your pick and choosing of Nazi's then defending Antifa when they commit vandalism or attack nonthreatening individuals in a group.

There's no end goal at all, they don't achieve a thing besides escalating violence and being a pain in the arse for cities to deal with. A year ago nobody would have been swinging crowbars during those fights, it won't be long before knifes are common.

Some Neo Nazi isn't going to give up his beliefs because he got punched in the face by a guy in a mask. If anything all they're doing is making people more radicalized, on both sides. You can see that with the formation of groups like Proud Boys who's sole purpose was just to pummel Antifa guys.

Genuinely, long term, what do you think is going to happen? Nothing good will come out of it, they're achieving the opposite of what their "goals" are. Personally I'll stick with the DHS description, they are Domestic terrorists and were the chief perpetrators of violence in 2016 during election year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Tbf noone is defending that (she was killed off a richohet btw,manslaughter not murder mate)

But meh,just pointing out the historic and troubled relationship between irish patriots and facists.....rant away all yous want though,let it all out

You mean the Irish patriots who were quite happy to jump into bed with the Nazis?

https://www.historyireland.com/20th-century-contemporary-history/new-evidence-on-iranazi-links/

But I dont understand how "Irish patriots" as you call them can be anti fascist but also murder and mame innocent people. It doesent make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Will you disavow?

Patty is missed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement