Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Swingers' scene thriving in Ireland

• 10-05-2017 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭

On Monday Ryan Tubridy read out a letter from a woman looking for advice on
    her marriage.

As she explained, her husband had become distant and although he tells her he
    loves her, “I can see it in his eyes that this is not true.” Things took a turn
    a few months ago when he suggested they attend a swinger’s party to spice up
    their marriage.

“I’m not sure why I agreed to it. Maybe I was trying to be cool and
    open minded or maybe I just wanted to try and make him happy. After that I
    became more more worried about what I was getting into, I tried to back out of
    it several times but he would go into an unholy bad mood whenever I mentioned
    backing out.”

Listeners got in touch to offer a word of caution to the writer, saying her
    partner sounded selfish and inconsiderate. The Tubridy team also got in touch
    with Tom Hogan of irishswingersclub.com to ask for some professional
    advice. He frequently runs swingers parties across Ireland and has come across
    people in similar situations.

“It has happened where people were there under duress and I
    respectfully asked the partner to leave. So my advice to her would to just not
    go.”

Tom said most participants “arrive as loving couples and leave as loving
    couples”. The swingers scene in Ireland is thriving, he said.

“We have a huge demand to run swingers parties from Belfast to
    Limerick…the Midlands, not too much”

https://radio.rte.ie/radio1highlights/swingers-the-ryan-tubridy-show/

I didn't realize it was much of a phenomenon tbh, although I'm not married at any rate.

Do you swing???

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

https://radio.rte.ie/radio1highlights/swingers-the-ryan-tubridy-show/

I didn't realize it was much of a phenomenon tbh, although I'm not married at any rate.

Do you swing???

The odd time i partake in swinging......... until I lose my grip on the pole and fall flat on my face :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Are people in the midlands too busy attending mass?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

where exactly are these filthy swingers located,
    so..you know..... i'll know where to avoid

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

There's nothing new about swingers in Ireland. There was a swingers scene here 30 years ago from what Ive heard, although it would have been more clandestine back then.

It's not like Ireland was a nation of sexless, puritanical prudes until the mid 1990s and then we all subsequently became sex experts. These sort of changes have happened gradually over decades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I most certainly don't, but a female friend told me that she had been recently invited to a swingers do by a business colleague. At least it confirmed for us the rumours that the guy was running these parties!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Only thing that goes in our fruitbowl is fruit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

People are having sex in Ireland, who cares. The Sunday World still can't get over the fact there are prostitutes in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I wish they'd invent a different phrase for it.

It's such a 60s/70s neologism.

You keep picturing a load of Abigail's Party lookalikes cavorting on leopsrdskin shagpile rugs after an edgy repast of fondue and Babycham.

You keep picturing a load of Abigail's Party lookalikes cavorting on leopsrdskin shagpile rugs after an edgy repast of fondue and Babycham.

That sounds a lot better than my imagination had conjured up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,433 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

1310386317_corgi_on_a_swing.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Wasn't there a swingers club that met regularly in a well known establishment in O'Connell Street 15-20 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Who gives a sh*t man.
    Ain't the 70's catholic Ireland anymore.

Theirs metro sexuals , bi sexuals , Hetro sexuals , tri sexuals, men marrying men , women marrying women , men using women's toilets dressed as women and vice versa and everybody is fu*king everybody.

Great times.
    Enjoy it.

Wasn't there a swingers club that met regularly in a well known establishment in O'Connell Street 15-20 years ago?

No, they were swiggers.
    Bunch of tramps swigging from cans of dutch gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I have my suspicions about a few couples. All of these "couples holidays" are a complete sham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Most if not all those "letters" to Ryan Tubridy are made up/written by someone in an RTE office. As if someone is going to have their private life played out on public radio for all the country to hear. That said, the "letters" are designed to start a discussion on something topical or controversial.

I'd imagine swinging is not all that popular. No-one I know does it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Are these any different from 'car key' parties?

Advertisement