Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"you can be attracted to men without masculinity." Do you agree?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

greencap wrote: »
    Well fair enough, that was an assumption of the logic going on within the brain.

Look, I've read up on this stuff. And it wasn't from biased or baseless sources. Strong gender features indicate puberty went well, an indicator of an history overall good health.
    Go look at the ladies lounge eye candy thread, or the gentlemen's lounge equivalent.
    There'll be individual taste variances, sure, but the average will 100% not be androgyny.

A woman CAN find an androgynous man attractive, but overall, most women most of the time will be guided by evolution to go for the athletic hunk.

Why would our species instincts want androgyny, ...that's uncertainty, is it a man or a woman...should I mate with it....or should i fight with it...how do I know which it is.
    Our inner chimp would be confused.

I recall an interview with a private investigation firm, they were quite successful, and specialized in partner fidelity.
    They'd use a honey trap to establish loyalty levels.
    The partner under investigation would be flirted with/approached by one of their models.
    Both these 'temptatyion' models were as any half intelligent person would expect.

Her - slender, young, nice rack.
    Him - tall, athletic, rich established man vibe.
    Neither androgynous.

Because androgyny isn't the instinctive ideal.

I have never claimed it was. I've mentioned that I like it. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

I have never claimed it was. I've mentioned that I like it. That is all.

Fine, but most don't.
    That's my point, you can like x but most humans like y.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

greencap wrote: »
    Fine, but most don't.
    That's my point, you can like x but most humans like y.

you are arguing against statements i never made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'd say a lot depends on your childhood too. My dad is about as far as you can get from macho without being camp, and I've always veered towards slimmer, softly spoken men, long hair and eyelashes, not bothered about height etc. But I'd never associate those traits with a lack of masculinity. Hypermasculine types are actively unattractive to me in most cases.

Lads like the most recent Superman, or women like Georgia Salpa leave me totally cold, I'd always be drawn more to people like Ellen Page or Ben Wishaw.

I know I'm nowhere near representative of most people, but there are dozens of us! So yes I'd agree with the statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

you are arguing against statements i never made.

I know.

Advertisement