Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home school

Options
  • 11-04-2020 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi Everybody
    I hope all of you are doing well in this madness.
    My son is the transition year.Iit means - most of the time he is doing nothing! And it's killing me as i'm not sure that he would be ready to be back to school at September (fingers cross). I have old math books from 5th/6th class secondary but i'm very bad in explanation and he is bad to do self-studying. I was thinking - may be some of you are doing Home school and know some good resources. Or may be some of you know how, at this situation, home school in Ireland can be used for whom didn't apply on this service at the beginning of the year.
    Would really appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hi Gelena,

Edco have made their full range of books for primary, junior cert and leaving cert available online for free if you go to edcolearning.ie so you could perhaps find him something there that would be appropriate. Even if he is choosing subjects for fifth year, he could start reading a little bit from the different subject areas and see what interests him. Folens are doing the same on folens.ie so you have a wide range of books to choose from that would be appropriate for his age. He could do a little revision from some junior cert books or do a little introductory work from some leaving cert ones.

Advertisement