Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share your philosophy of life here - light hearted of course!

Options
  • 19-07-2019 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

So I’m a middleish aged man.

My philosophy is:

Don’t be a dickhaed.
    Respect people.
    Be compassionate.
    Be open-minded.
    Be kind.
    Be understanding.
    Don’t be a dickhaed.

What’s yours?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭leitrim4life

Life is pain, anyone telling you differently is selling something.

My body is my temple, I shall be found wanting.

There's a pothole down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Life isn't fair. accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Don't sweat the small stuff....

It's all small stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Live and let live.

• Advertisement

So long as you’re all consenting adults and you’re not hurting anybody else, do whatever the fùck you want.
    I don’t care.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Things have a way of working out for the best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

Nice thread.

I've got three children. I try to show that life is full of fun. Mummy and daddy argue, but is always resolved. Sticking together is a given in our house.

Rules are boring. Playtime is anytime. Before 7:30pm, then it's bedtime.

Hugs, hugs, hugs. I try and answer all questions. The world is full of excitement and wonder. I never, ever want them to leave, but know that they must leave to live their own lives.

Honesty is always forgiven, lies are not good.

I tell my children I love them every night and how happy they make me.

I work as little as possible. I spend as much time with my little ones as possible. I make my wife cum twice a week, within 30 seconds. We have a great relationship. She curbs my bull**** tendencies, without sarcasm or nastiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

a line from an old 90’s folk song has always stayed with me

It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

I make my wife cum twice a week

We all make your wife cum twice a week.

Ps. Another philosophy of mine is to have a sense of humour in abundance :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

• Registered Users Posts: 13,833 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Look after yourself, because in the end no one else will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

FFred wrote: »
    We all make your wife cum twice a week.

Ps. Another philosophy of mine is to have a sense of humour in abundance :pac:

After ten years of marriage, I know.

Fitting it in, among three children going to sleep, is the hard part. Spontaneous romance is well gone.

It'a once a week now. I say "let's start with some petting"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmBVFEoSwAU

After ten years of marriage, I know.

Fitting it in ... is the hard part.

Durty.

theres ten percent of people at either extreme end of any issue that should be ignored completely and unapologetically in order for anything to ever get done or improve

theres ten percent of people at either extreme end of any issue that should be ignored completely and unapologetically in order for anything to ever get done or improve

Truth. As a mathematician I concur.

2014-10-03-blogbellcurve.png

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Make a virtue of a necessity. You can't go wrong.

lola85 wrote: »
    Remember as great as you think you are everything that has happened to you is luck and was always going to happen, not because you are great.

Free will is an illusion.

If you’re nice or a dick or a serial murderer.

It’s not your fault it’s the way your brain was made and you have zero control of that.
    No.

Lots and lots of luck required in the lottery of existence. Agreed.

But then there’s the other important bit where you actually DO have some input into your own fate.

Free will is real.

• don't fu<k your friends over
    • the fact you can buy something like a new Apple monitor stand doesn't mean you should
    • Adobe graphic software is industry gospel standard these days. I'd buy a MacBook for the sole purpose of using final cut pro
    • don't buy or rent friends in any context.

lola85 wrote: »
    It’s well known it’s an illusion.

Try google it, I’m not here to argue.

The decisions you make are from a brain you didn’t create and it works differently than everyone else.

Why do some people like onions and others don’t?

Or like sports and others don’t?

Matters beyond your control.

“Free will might be an illusion created by our brains, scientists might have proved.

Humans are convinced that they make conscious choices as they live their lives. But instead it may be that the brain just convinces itself that it made a free choice from the available options after the decision is made”

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude

stoner-boy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You're here for a good time, not a long time. Enjoy.

Fitting it in, among three children going to sleep, is the hard part. Spontaneous romance is well gone.

After 3 kids you should have no problem 'fitting it in'. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Everything is pointless and we humans are a greedy cancer on the planet and don't deserve this beautiful earth. So once you realise this you can accept we are doomed, not have any kids because that's pointless too and adds to the earth's demise, enjoy life and sit back, smoke your pipe, and enjoy fiddling while Rome burns :D

Everything is pointless and we humans are a greedy cancer on the planet and don't deserve this beautiful earth. So once you realise this you can accept we are doomed, not have any kids because that's pointless too and adds to the earth's demise, and sit back, smoke your pipe, and enjoy fiddling while Rome burns

Aren't you just a sparkling ray of sunshine, life and soul of the party I bet .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Everything is pointless and we humans are a greedy cancer on the planet and don't deserve this beautiful earth. So once you realise this you can accept we are doomed, not have any kids because that's pointless too and adds to the earth's demise, enjoy life and sit back, smoke your pipe, and enjoy fiddling while Rome burns :D

What’s this “we” business? :pac:

Simple philosophy really - never be afraid to ask for help, and don’t blame other people when things go tits up because you didn’t ask for help in the first place. People aren’t mind readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true.
    (Sorry, maybe not light hearted).

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,833 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm sure when they say 'we' it doesn't include everyone, but it's becoming more and more apparent that people are selfish, just in different ways.

You know on a sinking ship and that whole women and children first thing? Yeah, right. Mup outta my way or I'll throw you overboard myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Be water my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Aren't you just a sparkling ray of sunshine, life and soul of the party I bet .

I probably am, I go out and enjoy myself and way more stuff and pursue more hobbies than most people thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Life is pain, anyone telling you differently is selling something.

I got the solution to that, pain killers! Yours for €50.99 !

Advertisement