Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When was the last time you cried?

Options
  • 17-07-2019 8:59am

I cry at the drop of a hat. I had a little weep on the Luas this morning listening to the news about yer man Keith Byrne and his kids wanting him home. The other day, I was in the middle of a boring phonecall and suddenly my sister started talking about Best Mate (a dead racehorse) and I started to tear-up (??? I know)

When was the last time you cried? And do you cry at the drop of a hat, or not since primary school, you mad tough borderline sociopath?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Around 3 months ago- was going through some very stressful **** with my old job and I'd finally reached breaking point. Had been holding it in for hours and when I met my dad after work I burst into tears. He calmed me down and brought me for a coffee and talked me down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Few months ago, watched Mask for the first time (Cher) very sad................

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Yesterday because I'm hormonal and easily irritated if that is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

When was the last time you cried? And do you cry at the drop of a hat, or not since primary school, you mad tough borderline sociopath?
    I am 36 and haven't cried since I was about 12. I'd love a good cry but I'm too stunted emotionally now I think. I would actually pay money to someone in exchange for them making me cry as long as it didn't involve physically hurting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

18 days ago, to be precise. The moment my daughter was born.

Lasted about 30 seconds before the paediatrician gave me a job to do, so I snapped out of it fairly sharpish and got on with it.

• Advertisement

Congratulations. From one new Dad to another, it's a scary time but there is great assurance in knowing that this process is bewildering to everyone.

A new baby, though! So exciting. Someone pass me a tissue for Jaysis's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

This morning, when I stubbed me toe against this deceptive dimensioned chair for the billionth time in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Drunk or sober?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Yesterday, although I won't allow myself to cry fully. I'm afraid if I start I won't be able to stop :(

Monday morning. I cry a lot lot less when I'm single.

• Advertisement

Drunk or sober?
    Hmm, I think sober. Drunken crying isn't really crying, and not to be a heartless bastard but it's one form of crying that cannot be condoned.

Many a good night ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I’m a first time Dad to a 4month old son. Watched Lion King, I mean it’s a sucker punch at the best of time but, man, that ruined me for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Went to see the Michael Giacchino with the RTÉ Concert Orchestra about a month ago and they played the montage about married life from Up on a screen while the orchestra played along... I wasn't the only one wiping away tears when that finished.

Thinking about all the money she's going to cost you?

Ah, only messing... congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Eye's welling up and even overflowing - all the time.
    Sports people I don't know on the telly being emotional can do that. Wedding speeches. Anyone I know getting emotional. Stupid TV. Talking about past emotional times. Anything can set off the leaky eyes but I don't really consider that crying.

Actual crying, probably my dads funeral last year. It was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

In the early hours of this morning. My 14 year old cat died a couple of days ago and I'm devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

The Gf believes in all that medium ****e, she visited one recently and my Mum made appearance apparently.

She said a few things to tell me, I told her it's all nonsense and they are only telling you stuff you want to hear. I basically then waited until I was alone and had a little sob. It's still nice to hear your Mum is proud of you no matter if you believe in that sort of stuff or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

being forced to sit down with the family and watch The Mrs Brown's Boys Xmas Special

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Had a bit of a blubber June 30th when my son was born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

during this mourning

• Advertisement

during this mourning

What mourning? Who died?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sunday , at a funeral :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

At my aunt's funeral nearly 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭red petal

I'm a regular whinger! Sometimes I even cry when I'm not that upset about something or if I'm over it but then someone asks how I am, the tears just start flowing. It's so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Our cat died yesterday, had a good blub after burying him last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Welled up in the cinema watching Toy Story 4.

I think the last time before that was in the cinema... watching Toy Story 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

About a year ago - My father had a massive heart attack he barely made it he was in the ICU. It was about 3 am I went to get a coffee and I sat in a empty hallway in the hospital and just sobbed for a about 5 mins straight - put on a brave face then and went back in and sat with him - Incredibly stressful and emotional time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 rainbowmoose

Yesterday.

Cried laughing at this: https://youtu.be/jl1Zfz-Widc
    Cried happy/sad/hopeful tears at this: https://youtu.be/ine7xIlLxgc

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭citygal93

Yesterday. I watched the last episode of When They See Us on Netflix and sobbed for a full 15 minutes straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In the early hours of this morning. My 14 year old cat died a couple of days ago and I'm devastated.

((HUGS))

Advertisement