Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,242 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Yes

He cant do that to his voters. They know they cant reuse #LockHerUp or #BuildTheWall again he needs a new barrel slogan. Very suprising he even went as far as he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Meanwhile, the squad just keep lying to the American public and stoking up the dangerous narrative that Trump hates all people of colour and wants them deported.

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1152748499840249857

The above clip she includes to support her ridiculous assertion is of course based on a false equivalence as there's a HUGE difference between critiquing economic policy and poor administrative decisions (and that's all the comments such as 'American's going to hell / becoming a third world country' are) with saying America and it's current adminstration is as fascist as Nazi Germany was.

Oh and good to see that, while the four horsewomen of the apocalypse are clearly doing their best to play the racecard in an effort to oust Trump, many 'people of colour' aren't buying into it and can actually (sad as it might be to the liberals) think for themselves and are basing their views on Donald Trump on more than what a few upstarts have to say about him:

https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1152191081313918977
    https://twitter.com/realkareemdream/status/1137019897366683659
    https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1153005342684569601
    https://twitter.com/realBenjiIrby/status/1152997953986080768

MrFresh wrote: »
    He said they were from other countries. Is that not foreign?

Quotation marks were used on the word foreign which is why I asked where Trump had said it and just because someone is from another country doesn't make negative comments about them racist.
    Odhinn wrote: »
    He tells them to go back where they came from. Logically this carries the implication that they are foriegn and from elsewhere. It takes a large degree of intellectual dishonesty to come to any other conclusion.

That doesn't make it racist and he didn't merely tell them to go back to where they came from. He asked why they (Omar and AOC) don't return to the countries they are from, sort their problems out, and then come back and tell them how they did it........ much different to what you, and other liberals, are suggesting.

Yes, it's true AOC is American born, but being wrong on that count just makes him wrong on that count...... it doesn't make him racist. He'd have said it no matter what colour they are and no matter which country they are from. He's an economic nationalist, not a white supremacist... and if you want to accuse him of the latter, then you'll have to do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

That doesn't make it racist and he didn't merely tell them to go back to where they came from. He asked why they (Omar and AOC) don't return to the countries they are from, sort their problems out, and then come back and tell them how they did it........ much different to what you, and other liberals, are suggesting.

You could take it as racist. He was in a spat with Arnold Swarchnegger and managed not to tell him to go back to Austria.

He tells them to go back where they came from. Logically this carries the implication that they are foriegn and from elsewhere. It takes a large degree of intellectual dishonesty to come to any other conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Yes, it's true AOC is American born, but being wrong on that count just makes him wrong on that count...... it doesn't make him racist.

Ah come on. Why did he ask her to return home? What made him assume she wasn't at home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Your jumping through illogical hoops to justify wrong doing

Usually simplest answer is the right one??,ie hes a racist or at best,he isnt but using increasingly racist rethoric to distract from.what is a shambolic regime

Ive been very disapointed with him...taught he could done good job and be a bit of a laugh aswel (no need for life to be taken too serious imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Slight off topic but in the swim vein.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-media-savaged-trump-when-he-claimed-puerto-rico-officials-were-mismanaging-disaster-aid-but-he-was-right%3f_amp=true

When trump was calling out the Puerto Rican government as corrupt, the dems were savaging him calling him, again racist.

And again… he was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

mad muffin wrote: »

And again… he was right.

Again? As in he was right that these people should go.. back where they came from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

AOC is like a distillation of my favorite aspects of American people. She is very much an American.

Trump isn’t. His sort of rich asshole is international.

...that’s how the dems can get the swing voters. Not by finding an inoffensive centrist. They out-American him, and push that angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The brass neck of posters attempting to claim Trump isn’t racist. He’s always been racist. This isn’t news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

AOC is a nasty nasty piece of work. Using the poor unfortunates that have lost their lives attempting to illegally cross the border to further her career tells me all i need to know about her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

AOC is like a distillation of my favorite aspects of American people. She is very much an American.

Trump isn’t. His sort of rich asshole is international.

...that’s how the dems can get the swing voters. Not by finding an inoffensive centrist. They out-American him, and push that angle.

Can you people NEVER make a point without stooping to cheap insults?

Although you gave away your bias there..you actually have a problem with rich people as well as white,straight people.

Odhinn wrote: »
    You could take it as racist. He was in a spat with Arnold Swarchnegger and managed not to tell him to go back to Austria.

You take EVERYTHING as racist..Shouting racist at everything you don't understand is your entire world.

The real world (that outside your online bubble) doesn't give a good damn about your disingenous labels.

There's plenty of REAL racism in south africa but i don't ever see you referring to that..why is not? Because the victims are white?

Who's the racist now?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

When crowds at his rallies start a chant he has always responded positively to them by motioning for them to get louder, or even at times, joining in.... and so not responding to them was showing character given that it was a clear departure from what he normally does.

What do you want him to do? Start telling everyone off? While the teleprompter rolled? Give me a break.

Yes indeed but he couldn't because he agreed with them.

Oh and good to see that, while the four horsewomen of the apocalypse are clearly doing their best to play the racecard in an effort to oust Trump, many 'people of colour' aren't buying into it and can actually (sad as it might be to the liberals) think for themselves and are basing their views on Donald Trump on more than what a few upstarts have to say about him:

https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1152191081313918977
    https://twitter.com/realkareemdream/status/1137019897366683659
    https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1153005342684569601
    https://twitter.com/realBenjiIrby/status/1152997953986080768

In other words economics, healthcare, the state of government don't matter here. The only thing that does is that "liberals" are annoyed.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    In other words economics, healthcare, the state of government don't matter here. The only thing that does is that "liberals" are annoyed.

Are you american?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Can you people NEVER make a point without stooping to cheap insults?

Although you gave away your bias there..you actually have a problem with rich people as well as white,straight people.
    I have a problem with none of them, I am most/all of them depending on how you see it. However people higher up the social hierarchy tend to be more similar to other very rich people in other countries. My own accent is south dubli but is taken to be American sometimes and English very occasionally - by other Irish people. People from poorer areas tend to have strong regional accents.

I have a problem with none of them, I am most/all of them depending on how you see it. However people higher up the social hierarchy tend to be more similar to other very rich people in other countries. My own accent is south dubli but is taken to be American sometimes and English very occasionally - by other Irish people. People from poorer areas tend to have strong regional accents.

Sorry I have no idea what you're trying to articulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Advertisement

Are you american?

I work for the American government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

You take EVERYTHING as racist..Shouting racist at everything you don't understand is your entire world.

The real world (that outside your online bubble) doesn't give a good damn about your disingenous labels.

There's plenty of REAL racism in south africa but i don't ever see you referring to that..why is not? Because the victims are white?

Who's the racist now?

Still Trump.

Still Trump.

"There are none so blind as those that will not see"

"There are none so blind as those that will not see"

I'm sure you'll open your eyes eventually.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I work for the American government.

And you're on here spouting rhetoric about the president?

Do they realise they have a snake in the grass i wonder?

And you're on here spouting rhetoric about the president?

Do they realise they have a snake in the grass i wonder?

Loyalty more important than morality?

I'm sure you'll open your eyes eventually.

Mine are open dear friend..as is my mind.

Having analysed both sides in this anti-trump "discussion" i have come to the conclusion that those who vilify the man based on conjecture and falsification are the ones who cannot be educated.

Much like the anti "gubbermint" rabble on FB...they have really nothing to say so fall back on the ancient technique of name-calling..it's a notable feature of the unintelligent.

Loyalty more important than morality?

Well he's taking a salary from those he disagrees with. Sounds like hipocracy to me.

Why not have the power of your convictions and leave..maybe seek a job working for one of the Sharia muslim states..i'm sure he will find their politics more to his taste...fewer pesky "white men" too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

they have really nothing to say so fall back on the ancient technique of name-calling..it's a notable feature of the unintelligent.

You couldn't even finish your own sentence without falling back on the ancient technique of name-calling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Mine are open dear friend..as is my mind.

Having analysed both sides in this anti-trump "discussion" i have come to the conclusion that those who vilify the man based on conjecture and falsification are the ones who cannot be educated.

Much like the anti "gubbermint" rabble on FB...they have really nothing to say so fall back on the ancient technique of name-calling..it's a notable feature of the unintelligent.
    Agreed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nicknames_used_by_Donald_Trump

Advertisement