Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rewrite the ending of a famous movie/ TV show

• 14-07-2019 8:51am

First of all, Jennifer Aniston would never have fallen for David Scwimmer, so don't get me started on Ross and Rachel. In my alternative ending, Rachel and Phoebe have a massive dispute, ultimately ending in a bitch fight) over Joey. Phoebe wins, of course, but Joey chooses Rachel. Ross ends up alone and plays an increasingly important role in the life of Monica and the babies, after her divorce from Chandler.

Chandler and Phoebe kind of drift away from the group. Phoebe was always too interesting for them, and Chandler too boring.

What TV shows or films haven't ended the way they ought to?

Comments

The Night King rules all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Game of Thrones. Apparently anything at all woulda been better than the last season. I didn't actually watch it but the furore over it comfotably eclipsed both the Soprano's Blackout and LOSTs church scene in public outrage stakes and actually making the news.

Tony Soprano ate lead in the diner.

That Tommy Lee Jones monologue at the finale of No Country For Old Man was scrapped.

That Tommy Lee Jones monologue at the end of No Country For Old Man was scrapped.

That was an essential part of the whole thing. He was the embodiment of the administration of justice, and his monologue represented justice being aware of its own ineptitude.

Take all of that out and you just have a cowboy movie.

That film should be on the leaving cert curriculum.

That was an essential part of the whole thing. He was the embodiment of the administration of justice, and his monologue represented justice being aware of its own ineptitude.

Take all of that out and you just have a cowboy movie.

That film should be on the leaving cert curriculum.

I beg to differ, it was out of kilter with the rest of the picture and detracted from the overall quality. A somewhat deflating (and unnecessary) conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

When Blackadder and his comrades made that final charge out of the trenches, they found the Germans out sunning themselves in deckchairs and playing volleyball. Over a few beers they found they all had so much in common that they realised WW1 was pointless. They all went on to enact so much social change back home that the next 50 years in Europe was an unparalleled era of peace and prosperity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I beg to differ, it was out of kilter with the rest of the picture and detracted from the overall quality. A somewhat deflating (and unnecessary) conclusion.

For me, the main character being killed offscreen was totally deflating. I kept expecting him to pop up again until the credits rolled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

The sunday game 3rd september 2017

Waterford score 1-1 to win all ireland in injury time to massive celebrations

it wasn't the only monologue he offered in the film, it opened with a monologue from the same guy!

It was intended to bookend the film with a comment on the system of justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Titanic doesn’t run into an iceberg, and docks safely in New York. Rose soon grows tired of Jack’s heavy drinking and uncouth ways, and marries a Wall Street Banker. Jack becomes a fireman and dies after getting caught in a burning building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Dexter.

Unsure how, but it would be an improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

AVATAR; the Humans used long ranged weaponry to take out the Navi from a safe distance.

Easy win. Resources for us humies!

FRAISER; Fraiser Crane doesn't leave for Chicago, Neils finally dies due to his blimp of a wife rolling over him alongside Martin at the Cafe, and Eddie finally claims the recliner for good. But Crane keeps arguing with him still...

( Yeah.. don't pay me to retcon stuff :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Brad Pitt opens the box. It contains books. They all laugh with Kevin Spacey while “Why can’t we be friends?” by War plays us into the credits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

D wrote: »
    The Night King rules all.

Final scene, 10 million undead face down surrounded Jon Snow in Kings Landing as screen fades to black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

pjohnson wrote: »
    Game of Thrones. Apparently anything at all woulda been better than the last season. I didn't actually watch it but the furore over it comfotably eclipsed both the Soprano's Blackout and LOSTs church scene in public outrage stakes and actually making the news.

Couldn't have picked a show you actually know something about no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

that-was-harsh-memegenerator-net-harsh-memes-image-memes-at-relatably-com-53398958.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Lost always strikes me as something they started off with a really good idea and that was about it. Just about any ending would have been worse, better or wouldn't have made a difference.
    It was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thelma and Louise realise that driving to their deaths hand in hand is a ludicrous indulgence and decide to high tail it to Canada where they seek refuge from nasty American men and set up home looking after rescue bears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It appears the writers of the last two seasons hadn't a notion either so I'm about as qualified as them :pac:

Lets just make Tyrion (Dinklage) the king forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Michael Collins: The convoy drives through the road block at Beal mNa Blath, thereby escaping the ambush, the civil war ends, and a caption tells us that Michael Collins became Taoiseach and led Ireland through a prosperous period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

When you're dealing with a country like this, they're insured up the ass. They're not supposed to give you any resistance whatsoever. If you get a customer, or an employee who thinks he's the tànaiste take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in. Everybody jumps. He falls down screaming, blood squirts out of his nose, nobody says ****ing **** after that. You might get some minister for children talkin' **** to you but give her a look like you're gonna smash her face next, watch her shut the **** up. Now if it's a Taoiseach that's a different story. Taoiseachs know better than to **** around so if you get one that's giving you static, he probably thinks he's a real cowboy, so you gotta break that son of a bitch in two. If you wanna know something and he won't tell you, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb's next. After that he'll tell you if he wears ladies underwear. I'm hungry. Let's get a taco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Bobblehats wrote: »
    When you're dealing with a country like this, they're insured up the ass. They're not supposed to give you any resistance whatsoever. If you get a customer, or an employee who thinks he's the tànaiste take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in. Everybody jumps. He falls down screaming, blood squirts out of his nose, nobody says ****ing **** after that. You might get some minister for children talkin' **** to you but give her a look like you're gonna smash her face next, watch her shut the **** up. Now if it's a Taoiseach that's a different story. Taoiseachs know better than to **** around so if you get one that's giving you static, he probably thinks he's a real cowboy, so you gotta break that son of a bitch in two. If you wanna know something and he won't tell you, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb's next. After that he'll tell you if he wears ladies underwear. I'm hungry. Let's get a taco

Wtf was that about

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

James Woods emerges from under the detritus of a landfill as pan-flutes break into song.

'Once Upon a Time in America 2 - Oodles of Noodles' - Coming 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Sex and the City:

Carrie goes to meet John 'Big' having re-discovered the whole thing anew.

But 'big' was gay all along and is discovered hand in hand with his boyfriend.

Carrie shrugs shoulders and walks on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Daenerys ruling Westeros under a brutal regime would be far better than the **** we got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Love/Hate

Nidge has a gun in his pocket and shots John Connors!

The Empire Strikes Back, After rescuing Luke, Leia, Lando and Chewbacca come across Boba Fett's ship, and they board it, killing Fett, and rescuing Han, freeing him from the carbonite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I genuinely think GOT could have been saved in the edit and reshooting/adding/deleting maybe 3/4 scenes. It wouldn't have been great by any stretch but it would have been allot better than what we got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Jaws: Chief Brody realises he has only one round remaining, and realising he has little chance of hitting the oxygen cylinder tries to shoot himself, but the shark chomps on his left leg, mates with him, and now pregnant with a shark/human hybrid, finishes off Brody. To be continued in Jaws 2: The Hybrid.

Jurassic Park: The velociraptors, having eaten all the humans (including the cute kids), learn to fly the chopper and...

...well, I'm sure you can work out what happens next. Let's just say Jurassic Park: The Lost World and Jurassic Park III are significantly different from the existing versions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Alternative ending: Elrond takes Isildur to the mount doom, he tells him to throw the ring, Isildur refuses so he throws Isildur with the ring. THE END

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Jaws: Chief Brody realises he has only one round remaining, and realising he has little chance of hitting the oxygen cylinder tries to shoot himself, but the shark chomps on his left leg, mates with him, and now pregnant with a shark/human hybrid, finishes off Brody. To be continued in Jaws 2: The Hybrid.

Jurassic Park: The velociraptors, having eaten all the humans (including the cute kids), learn to fly the chopper and...

...well, I'm sure you can work out what happens next. Let's just say Jurassic Park: The Lost World and Jurassic Park III are significantly different from the existing versions.

Quint should have killed Jaws in a bar brawl

Pherekydes wrote: »

Please write these movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

John Wick is seeking revenge for the killing of his dog and the stealing of his car. After murdering 35 Russian goons in a New York nightclub, he finally falls after a well placed shot to the head from goon no. 36.

BSG
    Nobody comes back from the dead and your man gaius had a brain tunour all along

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Star Trek: Enterprise

Holodeck episode never happened. Instead we get the Earth - Romulan war.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Quantum Leap

Sam Beckett makes it home.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Friends: They all take acid, have a gangbang and then jump off the balcony

I know this would make the film a few minutes long, but:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: en route to the Ceti Alpha system, Chekov remembers the planet Ceti Alpha 5, tells Captain Terrell about Khan, and they go to a different planet to see if it's suitable to test the Genesis device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Sex and the City:

Carrie goes to meet John 'Big' having re-discovered the whole thing anew.

But 'big' was gay all along and is discovered hand in hand with his boyfriend.

Carrie shrugs shoulders and walks on.

Allow me to rewrite the ending of your rewritten ending...

Carrie shrugs her shoulders and walks into a bar.

The barman says “Why the long face?” .

Clearly they should have sent Woody Allen up the Mekong to kill colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now.

• Advertisement

Life of Brian: Brian is rescued

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,399 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Immediately regretting the decision to have his brother whacked, Michael drowns himself in the lake saving us all from the massive turd that was The Godfather 3.

In Godfather 3, Mary survives the shooting, denounces her father and cousin, and goes into a convent to become a nun

Advertisement