Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag do.

Options
  • 21-07-2019 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, the wedding is in a years time, is it too early to start organising the stag do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Hi, the wedding is in a years time, is it too early to start organising the stag do?

Too late.
    If you haven't it decided on and booked it at this point, it's too late to do it justice.

Might as well call wedding off, your mind obviously isn't in it to have dropped the ball on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Serious answer.

Too soon in my view unless peoples or venue availability needs 12 months notice to be considered.

I'd say ideal window is 6 - 8 weeks ahead of when stag will be on.
    Gives guys time to know if they're available and interested and getting accommodation should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

If your going abroad , I'd start floating the idea now and then about 6 months out have everyone paid up to avoid any messing about coming up to it because people are a disaster and will drop out last min

If it's in Ireland , about 3 month's notice and agreement on the place is grand in my opinion (have it paid it by then)

Everyone will give you different opinions but your quite early yet so not to worry

Advertisement