Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 29th July

Options
  • 29-07-2015 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭

King of Rooks looks a class above in the Molecomb at 3.45 at Goodwood. The Ascot race was madness from Frankie and with a better ride her he should win today.

Also backed Air Squadron in the 2.00 at Goodwood at 10/1, a 3 pound rise from his last win looks more than fair and I think he can continue his progress here. Obviously it's a big step in trip but he looks potentially a nice stayer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Hoping Willy B Masters Goodwood, Rides Hard and comes first At least 3 times today 2.35 Space Age 8-1, 3.10 Bellardo 12-1, Roleau 8-1.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Like the look of Prince Gargarin in the 2.35 @10s. Also one that pops off the page at me in the 2.00 is Arty Campbell @20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

MANDALAY KING 20/1 EW PP 5.15 redcar
    Wide open race and went for the selection in the hope hes ridden more prominantely than his 2 runs so far this term. C&D winner off 74 and last win was off a mark of 66 last year. Runs today off 60 with a 7lb claimer so at least the handicapper has given him a chance.
    1pt ew
    gl with your bets today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Chanced a few quid ew on Teak 2.00 Goodwood, got 12's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Word that sir ector is expected to go well today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Money back as free bet on fav in the first at Goodwood with PP.

Space Age ew in the 2.35 Goodwood for me

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭another36

EW Double for today 3:10 Bilardo and 5:30 Shanpallas.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Disegno almost blocked Highland Reel there, should have won easier

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Really nice performance from Highland Reel in the end, also Scottish looks like a lovely prospect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Johner wrote: »
    Really nice performance from Highland Reel in the end, also Scottish looks like a lovely prospect.

Glad he got there if only for Joey's sake. Would have been uproar after he had that gap closed in his face if he didn't get there.

Bellardo ew in the 3.10 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Glad he got there if only for Joey's sake. Would have been uproar after he had that gap closed in his face if he didn't get there.

He was always going to get there. Stoute's horse was struggling. As Joseph said, "If you've got enough horse, you'll get the gap."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Solow won that a lot easier than the distance suggests, handy in the end

Solow won that a lot easier than the distance suggests, handy in the end

Hes a fine looking animal and it will take a good one to end his unbeaten run

Hes a fine looking animal and it will take a good one to end his unbeaten run

I still think Gleneagles would do him for speed, hopefully they meet

Solow goes straight to the QE II on Champions day. That's the meeting with Gleneagles off the cards I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

geez that Rishi Persad,s some plank.The Marty Morrisey of C4.

Not very quick to criticise their golden boy when he gives king of rooks a brutal ride

I've posted it before but I've no idea why they are in love with frankie

(and no i didn't back it)

I thought it was going to be a decisive move when he moved back to get cover, but then I felt he switched to make his run too early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Every time I watch JoB, which wouldn't be very often mind, I'm struck by how unbalanced he seems to be. Maybe it's just his size that does it but he's always changing whip from hand to hand too and the horses seem to run in snatches for him. Both rides on Highland Reel and Cougar Mountain I got that impression and certainly not the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,731 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The Twisler 9-1 ew 3.35
    Ran a good race over distance two back when it was 2nd by
    1/2 length, ran in a grade 1 last time out running a decnt race in 8th but only 4 lengths off winner. I think it can go close here and is value at
    9-1 1pt ew

Advertisement