Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday 07/26

• 26-07-2015 2:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,435 ✭✭✭✭

Sandy Cover 14-1 ew 2.50

Ran a decent race over this distance 4 back in a large field staying on to come 5th, I think it will run similar race here. Started year great winning 2 of 3 races over this distance placing 2nd in one on all weather .I think it can get a turf win here. Goes off at a good price here .
    14-1 1pt ew

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Anthony McCann has a few out over at Uttoxeter, anyone have any thoughts on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Two today that I think should run big races.
    Stardrifter in the 17:00 at Carlisle went close lto off same mark as today and before that was showing promise in higher classed races. 6/1 is generous in my opinion.
    Beardwood in the 16:35 at Pontefract. Has been given a rating of 88 which may prove difficult but I have a feeling haven beaten horses like Dawn's Early Light and Thahab (winners of class 3 and 2 races since respectively) so far Beardwood should go close here at 9/2 currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

I think Fire Ship looks big at 12-1 in the 4.00 at Ponte, a race it won two years ago. A drop of rain (which is forecast) would help its chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Sandy Cover 14-1 ew 2.50

Ran a decent race over this distance 4 back in a large field staying on to come 5th, I think it will run similar race here. Started year great winning 2 of 3 races over this distance placing 2nd in one on all weather .I think it can get a turf win here. Goes off at a good price here .
    14-1 1pt ew

I went for EL BRAVO in this race who won it last year off a 5lb higher mark. Not been running too well this campaign but as its the same connections that won with BOTANIST for me then they owe me nothing and ill give him a go. Ill have 1/2pt ew cover on yours also. BOL
    1pt ew 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Right touch @ 6/1 in the 4-35 Pontefract is now a lb below its last winning mark and with Garrity taking another three off should be able to go close here

• Advertisement

hawkhead wrote: »
    Right touch @ 6/1 in the 4-35 Pontefract is now a lb below its last winning mark and with Garrity taking another three off should be able to go close here

Good call. Didn't see the very start of the race. Beardwood seemed to be struggling very early, stayed on though. One for next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

One small bet for me today, Ben Hall in the last at Pontefract, was rated much higher this time last season (was rated 100 at start of last turf season and is off 65 today), unlikely he was ever as good as 100 and has shown precious little since then but is obviously very well weighted if he can show an interest in the game again. Encouragingly he ran his best race for some time lto when popular in the market. Ruth Carr can usually get a win or two out of these sorts and he should be able to go close here if he can build on that last run.

munster87 wrote: »
    Two today that I think should run big races.
    Stardrifter in the 17:00 at Carlisle went close lto off same mark as today and before that was showing promise in higher classed races. 6/1 is generous in my opinion.
    Beardwood in the 16:35 at Pontefract. Has been given a rating of 88 which may prove difficult but I have a feeling haven beaten horses like Dawn's Early Light and Thahab (winners of class 3 and 2 races since respectively) so far Beardwood should go close here at 9/2 currently.

Stardrifter won, sp was 5/1

Always bold 5-20 Uttoxeter. It's last couple of runs havent been very good but he is a course & distance winner and runs here off 3lb lower than his last victory. His trainer has already had a winner already on the card 7/1 looks fair enough

munster87 wrote: »
    Stardrifter won, sp was 5/1

Nice one

• Advertisement
Advertisement