Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moore out for the rest of the year

Options
  • 22-07-2015 8:35pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Pretty much as it says in the title. AtTheRaces just posted on Twitter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

1386.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

I read in the Phoneix this month that David O Meara is being lined up as the next master of Ballydoyle. So if Joseph gets back on its a case of the battle won, war lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

mickey1979 wrote: »
    I read in the Phoneix this month that David O Meara is being lined up as the next master of Ballydoyle. So if Joseph gets back on its a case of the battle won, war lost.

Thats assuming AOB has had enough which would be incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

What odds he doesn't ride again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

AstraOwner wrote: »
    What odds he doesn't ride again?

Jeez, how serious was the accident? Have been away and not following racing news much.

As for the other poster, you do get the feeling that O' Brien senior is nearing retirement, crazy and all as that may be at his age.

• Advertisement

Itziger wrote: »
    Jeez, how serious was the accident? Have been away and not following racing news much.

Probably unlikely. But they seem to be keeping very quiet about it all, not much information reaching the press and I don't really see why. A few days went to a couple of weeks to a month to a couple of months to the rest of the season and now to next year.
    We can only presume that whatever the injury it would be dangerous for him to ride this year. Who knows, that period be extended again.

Itziger wrote: »
    As for the other poster, you do get the feeling that O' Brien senior is nearing retirement, crazy and all as that may be at his age.

I think he's on too much of a good thing to retire early, and would only do so if Joseph took over. And Joseph is too young for that yet, so I really can't see Aidan leaving anytime shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Anyone any details on what happened him?

The latest from Moore in his Betfair blog:

"Regarding my injury, I would just like to say that nothing has been decided about my return date. As I said last week, we are monitoring it day by day, week by week but, contrary to reports during the week, nothing has been determined regarding where or when I am likely to return to race riding."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

mickey1979 wrote: »
    Interesting you should say that, because O'Meara has given Sara O'Brien a ride for the ladies race tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement