Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Katie Hopkins' Award

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Post some of her racist and bigotted tweets, I'll wait, the definition of racism nowadays is so broad it could be anything ...

This post would be seen as an example of racism (in some people’s opinion).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭jackboy

But she's a hateful and ridiculous person...

I don't do Twitter, so rarely see whatever she posts. But no harm getting her off the thing. She's not Gemma Doherty kinds of cnut, but she's definitely a cnut.

You rarely see what she posts but think it is right that she was banned. You do realise your post is hate speech. Should you be banned from all social media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Post some of her racist and bigotted tweets, I'll wait, the definition of racism nowadays is so broad it could be anything ...

Her tweets are all gone. Here are a few examples though, which all the racists on here will no doubt deny were made with racist intent...

"Dear black people. If your lives matter why do you stab and shoot each other so much"

"Racial profiling is a good thing, call me racist. I don't care... it has lost all meaning"

"Today is #whiteoutwednesday I will shortly be posting a picture of my arse, thank you"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yes !!!
    Another person with the wrong opinions silenced!!!

Nobody is stopping her talk the ****e she talks, they're not allowing her to use their platform to do so, as they're perfectly entitled to.

Nothing stopping you subscribing to her newsletters or website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

jackboy wrote: »
    You rarely see what she posts but think it is right that she was banned. You do realise your post is hate speech. Should you be banned from all social media?

I don't need to follow her, I've seen enough of her tripe to know she's a cnut. And calling someone a cnut is not hate speech...

"Hate speech is defined by Cambridge Dictionary as "public speech that expresses hate or encourages violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation"."

I don't need to follow her, I've seen enough of her tripe to know she's a cnut. And calling someone a cnut is not hate speech...

"Hate speech is defined by Cambridge Dictionary as "public speech that expresses hate or encourages violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation"."

So clearly by that definition what you said is hate speech.

So clearly by that definition what you said is hate speech.

Really now? Did I attack her sexual orientation, religion, race or sex? Again, calling someone a cnut, or a bollix, or any other general term like that is not hate speech. If I said "that white catholic lesbian cnut", yes, hate speech. But I didn't.

Really now? Did I attack her sexual orientation, religion, race or sex? Again, calling someone a cnut, or a bollix, or any other general term like that is not hate speech. If I said "that white catholic lesbian cnut", yes, hate speech. But I didn't.

You did attack her sex using that word. There is no doubt what you said is hate speech. You really need to be on really high ground before calling for people to be banned.

You did attack her sex using that word. There is no doubt what you said is hate speech. You really need to be on really high ground before calling for people to be banned.

I was going to do a big reply showing how you're completely wrong, but I just couldn't be arsed. Off with you if you think calling someone a cnut is hate speech, you're wrong, but I don't think any amount of proof as to how wrong you are will change your mind.

Enjoy life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Calling somebody a c*nt is not f*cking hate speech, are you acually serious.. .. .. .. ..

I was going to do a big reply showing how you're completely wrong, but I just couldn't be arsed. Off with you if you think calling someone a cnut is hate speech, you're wrong, but I don't think any amount of proof as to how wrong you are will change your mind.

Enjoy life.

You see how it works now.

Your intentions are irrelevant.

If someone perceives your words to be offensive or hate speech then you have to prove you are innocent.

This is part of the culture that includes shutting down speech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

jaxxx wrote: »
    Calling somebody a c*nt is not f*cking hate speech, are you acually serious.. .. .. .. ..

He's not serious. It's a diversionary tactic. Ideally, he'd like to try and argue that Katie Hopkins has never tweeted anything racist or anything that constitutes hate speech, but he knows he'd be on a hiding to nothing, so he tried (really badly, as it happens) to move the focus away from her.

He's not serious. It's a diversionary tactic. Ideally, he'd like to try and argue that Katie Hopkins has never tweeted anything racist or anything that constitutes hate speech, but he knows he'd be on a hiding to nothing, so he tried (really badly, as it happens) to move the focus away from her.

Clearly she has said some things that constitute hate speech. I just don’t agree with the concept of hate speech as it is too loose and dependent on interpretation. I responded to a poster who used extreme language that could easy be interpreted as hate speech, even against his dictionary definition to dispute that.

Remember, people are getting into serious trouble for things they said decades ago. So if you believe in the current concept of hate speech your speech must conform to all future definitions and versions. All part and parcel of the banning culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Good riddance to her.
    It might aide her disappearance into obscurity, a la Milo whatshisface

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,550 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

You see how it works now.

Your intentions are irrelevant.

If someone perceives your words to be offensive or hate speech then you have to prove you are innocent.

This is part of the culture that includes shutting down speech.

Yeah well, she's gone off twitter now. You can cry about it all you want but it won't bring her back. Save all the "PC gone mad" "the world's is against me and anyone who tells it like it is", for an echo chmaber who cares. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Mr E wrote: »
    Katie was flown over to Prague on Monday to receive an award.

Turns out the award was fake, funded by a Youtube 'prankster' called Josh Pieters.
    They paid for her flight and filled the room full of actors.

The award was for the Campaign to Unify the Nation Trophy. :p

Watch the video....
    Couldn't happen to a nicer lady. :)

Her twitter account was suspended ths week for hate speech too. Not a good week for her.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51319951

5 months old but jesus she is some hateful cnut. What did the poor auld epileptics do to anyone?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yes !!!
    Another person with the wrong opinions silenced!!!

She hasnt been silenced.Shes free to run her own website and say what she wants.

Imacunt.co.uk is probably available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I recently watched this clip of Hopkins and Peaches Geldof from not long before Geldof died. I have to admit, I was expecting Geldof to be annoying as that was my previous experience of her but she handles Hopkins so well here.

Remember, people are getting into serious trouble for things they said decades ago. So if you believe in the current concept of hate speech your speech must conform to all future definitions and versions. All part and parcel of the banning culture.

And should I ever make it famous (I'm trying), and this is brought up as some flaccid attempt to make me look bad, I will stand over it and call her a cnut in 10 years time too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    5 months old but jesus she is some hateful cnut. What did the poor auld epileptics do to anyone?

Strange thing is she IS epileptic. Seriously so.

She had to have an operation.

Also she went bankrupt a while ago and had to get help from the govt and the bank ...basically they wrote off a lot of her debt and gave her money.

She is now complaining that kids don't miss out on school lunches when not at school She said women should be fiscally responsible! HA!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Also she went bankrupt a while ago and had to get help from the govt and the bank ...basically they wrote off a lot of her debt and gave her money.

She is now complaining that kids don't miss out on school lunches when not at school She said women should be fiscally responsible! HA!

Didn't she also condemn people naming their children after places when her own daughter is named India? I'm sensing a lot of self hatred...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

She hasnt been silenced.Shes free to run her own website and say what she wants.

Imacunt.co.uk is probably available.

It is and if you have $3795 available then that domain could be yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

She went bankrupt because she libeled jack Monroe and decided to fight it in court rather than apologise. She lost and and to pay the costs for both sides plus a substantial payout.

Advertisement