Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Katie Hopkins' Award

• 31-01-2020 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Katie was flown over to Prague on Monday to receive an award.

Turns out the award was fake, funded by a Youtube 'prankster' called Josh Pieters.
    They paid for her flight and filled the room full of actors.

The award was for the Campaign to Unify the Nation Trophy. :p

Watch the video....
    Couldn't happen to a nicer lady. :)

Her twitter account was suspended ths week for hate speech too. Not a good week for her.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51319951

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I felt 0.00000000000001% pity for her.....until she started talking.

What a septic c*nt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

Can they play a prank like that on me please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Wait, she did mention epileptics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Wait, she did mention epileptics?

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,024 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't get.

She got an all expenses paid trip to SA, wined and dined and they didn't even embarrass her at the end of it all and show her up?

So as far as she thinks, she actually won an award (until she sees this of course)

Would it not have been better to embarrass her when they had her there in person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Awful prank. I wanted tears.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

NIMAN wrote: »
    I don't get.

She got an all expenses paid trip to SA, wined and dined and they didn't even embarrass her at the end of it all and show her up?

So as far as she thinks, she actually won an award (until she sees this of course)

Would it not have been better to embarrass her when they had her there in person?

She went to Prague, because it was the cheapest flights and hotels they could find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I don't get.

Hope they cancel her return flight 😂😂

Sorry, Prague.

All the same, free trip for her.

And you know she won't be the least bit bothered about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So she didn't actually win the Allison Pearson Award for being a total Cnut?

/boo.

/that said all Youtube 'pranksters' should be ground into mince meat for doggie food.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sorry, Prague.

And you know she won't be the least bit bothered about this.

Actually a shame she's not on Twitter today though. Would be a good laugh to see her response.

robinph wrote: »
    Actually a shame she's not on Twitter today though. Would be a good laugh to see her response.

She's not on Twitter on Brexit day????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Her account was suspended earlier this week.

Did you read any of the OP?

She was kicked off by Twitter yesterday.

Not a great week for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Can they play a prank like that on me please?

Will you give a hate filled speech on camera to demonstrate your racism?

It's kind of a deal breaker

Do these people not have anything better ti be doing

I find her trolling antics kind of funny.

However I like the prank although it would have been good to let her know at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Its all publicity to her and likely to guide a few more righties to her ideology and disgust the rest of us. Which is what she wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭arctictree

Sorry, Prague.

I think the day is gone where people get excited about being flown somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

arctictree wrote: »
    I think the day is gone where people get excited about being flown somewhere.
    Well, lah di dah :P Some people wouldn't mind being flown somewhere.. Preferably not China..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

bluewolf wrote: »
    Do these people not have anything better ti be doing

Yeah, it’s a lot of effort to go to. Why bother? The moose isn’t worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Fccwontletmebe

They could of at least humiliating that Vernom on camera and her reaction. Whole thing was a bit pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,525 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

YouTube prankster. Code for twat.

Twat and cűnt, together at last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Well considering she told an Irish journalist working in the UK to 'GO HOME', she called Palestinians 'filthy rats' said Ireland was only 'almost half civilized' i think it really couldn't have happened to a nicer ****.... i mean lady!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I hate it when there's no blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Hadn't seen this on here, is there anyone else we can think of that deserves a CUN Trophy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Someone out a link up last night. Very deserving award :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Personally, I think the clown making the 'presentation' is equally deserving of the 'award'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: I'm merging this with the existing thread.

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Ah, right, I must have missed that, sorry mod who had to move the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

The video has 3.5m views so far which, for a YouTuber, is pretty good going.

Great marketing for him; if he spent £2-3k to get it set up, he'll more than make it back.

Meanwhile, Katie felt so comfortable thinking she was in the presence of fellow racists made a series of comments that were really shocking and will make it hard for any UK TV show, newspaper or radio show to justify giving her a platform.

I honestly thought she was a bit like Piers; a blowhard, saying provocative things to get attention but at the heart of it all probably didn't really mean them. How wrong I was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

What is she famous for? I looked her up and see that she was a contestant on a reality show called the Apprentice. Is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

jester77 wrote: »
    What is she famous for? I looked her up and see that she was a contestant on a reality show called the Apprentice. Is that it?

Racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭micosoft

Don't forget Justin Barrett's trip to London to talk about Abortion....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Pk1d0ob1w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

KiKi III wrote: »
    The video has 3.5m views so far which, for a YouTuber, is pretty good going.

Great marketing for him; if he spent £2-3k to get it set up, he'll more than make it back.

Meanwhile, Katie felt so comfortable thinking she was in the presence of fellow racists made a series of comments that were really shocking and will make it hard for any UK TV show, newspaper or radio show to justify giving her a platform.

I honestly thought she was a bit like Piers; a blowhard, saying provocative things to get attention but at the heart of it all probably didn't really mean them. How wrong I was.

That's an important point. There was no effort to sanitise her remarks in any way. This pure unadulterated bile, and good for people to see.
    No self respecting media platform could still give her a voice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭ghost of ireland past

We don't want more of this.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/culprits-of-acid-attack-on-waterford-teens-will-only-get-juvenile-cautions-dpp-informs-victims-38914210.html

The DPP refuses to prosecute, even though a young man's life was destroyed. I don't think that's what ordinary people want.

Perhaps Katie has a point. I notice no-one here is willing to debate her ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

My favourite Katie Hopkins moment was when she said she didn't like children named after flowers or locations.

Two of her own kids are "Poppy" and "India"...

We don't want more of this.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/culprits-of-acid-attack-on-waterford-teens-will-only-get-juvenile-cautions-dpp-informs-victims-38914210.html

The DPP refuses to prosecute, even though a young man's life was destroyed. I don't think that's what ordinary people want.

Perhaps Katie has a point. I notice no-one here is willing to debate her ideas.

Thats because she doesn't have any, well she might, but usually they would only appeal to pond scum to put it politely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I started watching that video the other day. After about a minute I decided I just didn't care. I don't care about her opinions but I don't feel the need to see anyone 'embarrass' her either. She's in the position she is not because she has a lot of fans, but because people need someone to hate. If everyone who claim to hate her just changed the channel when she appeared her career would soon be over.

Anyone who thinks she gives a shite about being called a cunt is sadly mistaken. She got a free holiday and more exposure out of this. If you really hate her treat her like the non-entity she is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

biko wrote: »
    My favourite Katie Hopkins moment was when she said she didn't like children named after flowers or locations.

Two of her own kids are "Poppy" and "India"...
    That was likely deliberate though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Gotta feel bad for her kids though. They've been doomed from the second they were conceived!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I love Katie Hopkins! She tells it as it is and none of the pc bollix I despise. Known her, she’ll likely see the funny side in this. I know it’s fashionable to hate and ridicule her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

About time. Without that platform, she has nothing and will fade back into well-deserved obscurity, just like that Milo Yiannopoulos non-entity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

About time. Without that platform, she has nothing and will fade back into well-deserved obscurity, just like that Milo Yiannopoulos non-entity.

This is it. These people don't have a marketable skill apart from sh1t stirring. There might be a right wing think tank who will give her some money to talk about her martyrdom. But twitter is probably her main source of income. It's her tweets that get picked up and get her name around.

Bye Katie.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Yes !!!
    Another person with the wrong opinions silenced!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

Yes !!!
    Another person with the wrong opinions silenced!!!

Correct. Racism and bigotry is wrong. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Correct. Racism and bigotry is wrong. Well done.

Post some of her racist and bigotted tweets, I'll wait, the definition of racism nowadays is so broad it could be anything ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

road_high wrote: »
    I love Katie Hopkins! She tells it as it is and none of the pc bollix I despise. Known her, she’ll likely see the funny side in this. I know it’s fashionable to hate and ridicule her

But she's a hateful and ridiculous person...

I don't do Twitter, so rarely see whatever she posts. But no harm getting her off the thing. She's not Gemma Doherty kinds of cnut, but she's definitely a cnut.

• Advertisement
Advertisement