Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian police hunt for 'Irish tourists'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Nomadic Crime Syndicate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It is a former prison colony....maybe they are tracing their roots

They're on location for an episode of Who do you think you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

This story is getting plenty of media coverage over here.

"clogging the toilet with potatoes" like wtf.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/queensland/some-irish-scammers-flee-after-targeting-restaurants-businesses-20180312-p4z3wo.html

To be honest I'm far from impressed at how the Aussies handle these stories and theres been more than a few. It doesn't reflect well on the majority of hard working Irish out here making a valuable contribution to the country.

These pikeys don't represent us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Its a pity politicians here don't wake up to the VERIFIABLE FACT that a very large proportion of "travellers" (there's a name I'd like to use, but I'd get banned) are intent on a daily basis of wreaking havoc on elderly people, shop owners and others to fund their lifestyle.

How ANY politician (Enda Kenny in particular) can bestow a "status" on them to give them more rights is beyond a joke.

I'd love to wake up one day and find a politician who said it like it is and say that this vermin shiould not get anything otehr that absolute basics until they abide by the normal rules and regulations of normal life.

Bollox to "nomadic cultural" BS. They are a criminal grouping with a few (very few) decent people in their ranks and should be treated as such.

BTW - Travellers don't see shoplifting or scamming elderly people as crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Sure they’re at that shìte here for years, have the Gardai ever reported that travellers are scamming innocent people at every opportunity? Have they in their shìte because they’re weak, pandering and pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

dd972 wrote: »
    Ok, we all know there's issues regarding the people discussed, however if you spent any length of time in the London overspill area where stuff like this is the norm your paranoia about them would be put into perspective. For every Traveller in Ireland there's about 50 of them over there.

Mind you, Hayes is such a s**thole, I'm surprised even they're there.
    lave them hah it, hits wan an wan

They’ll probably sue the supermarket afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Where's John Connors comments when you need them.
    "Robbing c*nts" he called them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

'Dirty, smelly Australian slapper': Irish 'gypsy' leaves vile message for landlord after she accused them of trashing four apartments as they go on a 'scamming and shoplifting spree' in Queensland

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5488215/Irish-gypsy-leaves-vicious-voice-message-Gold-Coast-landlord.html

Sure they’re at that shìte here for years, have the Gardai ever reported that travellers are scamming innocent people at every opportunity? Have they in their shìte because they’re weak, pandering and pathetic.

As the Gardai told members of my family:

"You'd better off leave it be, as you'll only be drawing trouble on yourself"

On another occasion:

"We have a fair idea who did it" (but couldn't prove it, which I suppose isn't their fault)

I was on a flight back from Sydney once sat near some nomadic Irish. One bloke had a Sydney vest on, bermuda shorts, white socks, black slip on formal shoes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

do they ever pop up in those border patrol programmes, the conversations must be hilarious (once they get an interpreter in)

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Irish "tourists" :D
    thats a good one !!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

silverharp wrote: »
    do they ever pop up in those border patrol programmes, the conversations must be hilarious (once they get an interpreter in)

They were on the Irish version... Stop search seize.

How are ya boss I'll move the caravan when I'm ready....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

FFS! :mad:

And the likes of Pavee Point and John Connors would call anyone who criticized this barbaric carry on a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ok, we all know there's issues regarding the people discussed, however if you spent any length of time in the London overspill area where stuff like this is the norm your paranoia about them would be put into perspective. For every Traveller in Ireland there's about 50 of them over there.

you wouldnt see such behavior in a zoo

Foxhound38 wrote: »

And the likes of Pavee Point and John Connors would call anyone who criticized this barbaric carry on a racist.

Vermin. Zero respect for the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

seachto7 wrote: »
    Where's John Connors comments when you need them.
    "Robbing c*nts" he called them?

Yep Robbing c*nts and they deserve to get bulldozed and looted according to our human "rights" activist .

He also supports the murder of Isrealis ... what a shock !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

He also supports the murder of Isrealis ... what a shock !!

Israel, well known for its own thieving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

They wouldn't though to be fair. Pavee Point has stated that they oppose bare-knuckle fighting and said anyone involved in lawbreaking should be arrested.

For clarity's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

FTA69 wrote: »
    They wouldn't though to be fair.

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭granturismo

John Connors isnt Pavee Point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    This story is getting plenty of media coverage over here.

"clogging the toilet with potatoes" like wtf.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/queensland/some-irish-scammers-flee-after-targeting-restaurants-businesses-20180312-p4z3wo.html

To be honest I'm far from impressed at how the Aussies handle these stories and theres been more than a few. It doesn't reflect well on the majority of hard working Irish out here making a valuable contribution to the country.

These pikeys don't represent us.

This was on Joe Duffy today . Horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Graces7 wrote: »

Welcome back to Boards. Missed you the last few months:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Joe Duffy is horrendous every day..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ah here. Stop laughing, and reload!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

the_syco wrote: »
    Ah here. Stop laughing, and reload!

Animals, absolute animals.

RustyNut wrote: »
    Joe Duffy is horrendous every day..

I rather enjoy it.. In my no power months all I had was a tiny battery radio and learned a lot, and some of his work eg the versantis debate, was perfect. People need to sound off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

They played a recording of one of the messages left to the landlord whos place they trashed.
    They sounded more English than Irish - in so far as one who moves frequently can be "from" a place.

Zulu wrote: »
    They played a recording of one of the messages left to the landlord whos place they trashed.
    They sounded more English than Irish - in so far as one who moves frequently can be "from" a place.

Yes that was queried when they played that but they said they were Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 40,200 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Zulu wrote: »

There are probably more "Irish" travellers in england than there are in ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Well the Australian said Irish, but I wouldn't expect her to be able tell the subtle difference.

Advertisement