Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosion at Istanbul's Bayrampasa metro station

Options
  • 01-12-2015 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Seems the local mayor says it was a bomb detonating on an overpass near the station.

If true looks like it might have been premature - thankfully.

Question I post is: If true do you think any of the following are no 1 suspect?

A. Kurds
    B. ISIS
    C. Russia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Yes
    Yes
    No

An article might have been nice ...
    An explosion on a highway overpass near a subway station in Istanbul wounded five people and was caused by a bomb, a local mayor has said.

The bomb was left on barriers on the overpass, said Atilla Aydiner, the mayor for Istanbul's Bayrampasa district. Earlier, Istanbul's governor said one person was slightly injured in the blast.
    The explosion occurred at 3.30pm GMT at an overpass near the city's Bayrampasa subway station, on the European side of Istanbul. Several ambulances and police vehicles were sent to the area.
    The Dogan news agency said it was a hand-made cluster bomb. Dogan also obtained closed-circuit TV footage showing a white van on the overpass, with large holes in its windshield, apparently damaged in the explosion.

Source: Independent.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Odd question

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Odd question
    that's me all over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭toptom

Muslims again always at it.

• Advertisement

toptom wrote: »
    You mean using the metro?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭toptom

A metro in Turkey are ya having me on ? I thought they only used Donkeys and Camels to travel on. Only joking

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If I answer honestly boards might break down

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Since your list has with letters A,B,C
    and the corresponding options start with K,I,R
    and since your name starts with s and ends in y

it was definitely the CIA.

Since your list has with letters A,B,C
    and the corresponding options start with K,I,R
    and since your name starts with s and ends in y

it was definitely the CIA.
    good One :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

A metro in Turkey are ya having me on ? I thought they only used Donkeys and Camels to travel on. Only joking

Toptom, enough of the racism. Do not post here again.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I've seen the footage of this, really looks like a transformer or something blew.

A shnakey bomb whoever made it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

I'm going with "moderate" rebels

I'm going with "moderate" rebels
    Think I might add 'dodgy electricians' to the list in light the new info above..(no pun intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

False flag blamed on the Kurds to let the Turks keep stabbing them in the back while the Kurds fight ISIS.

you heard it here first folks

biko wrote: »
    False flag blamed on the Kurds to let the Turks keep stabbing them in the back while the Kurds fight ISIS.

you heard it here first folks
    You are probably right about that. The bomb seems to have been a small home made job....doesn't seem like the PKK so possibly a loner or a plant.

Advertisement