Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC evacuated after suspicious vehicle identified

• 01-12-2015 5:36pm

Part of the BBC’s headquarters have been evacuated amid a bomb scare in central London.

Broadcasting House was among the buildings affected when Portland Place was cordoned off because of reports of a “suspicious vehicle”.

Source: Independent.ie

I actually know some people that work in this particular building and thankfully they wouldn't have been there at the time. Hopefully nothing will come from it and is just a false alarm, but it would have been pretty crazy listening to the many radio stations based in Broadcasting House as they were being evacuated. Not to mention the fact that, I believe, the news also broadcasts from there too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Source: Independent.ie

I actually know some people that work in this particular building and thankfully they wouldn't have been there at the time. Hopefully nothing will come from it and is just a false alarm, but it would have been pretty crazy listening to the many radio stations based in Broadcasting House as they were being evacuated. Not to mention the fact that, I believe, the news also broadcasts from there too.

Fella had a liquid lunch,one thing leads to another,takes the rests of the day off wisely leaves keys barman heads home. Gets bollockin from boss tomorrow.

There seems to be some confusion over what is happening - one report suggests that it was just the area around the Broadcasting House that has been evacuated, but with the cordon since being removed, with another now saying it was just a hoax.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Used to work in Manchester. Had a few "false alarms" durimgbtge early 90s when I suspect someone was simply angling for a day off work

Currently in London. Earlier an area not too far from London Bridge was closed off. Another false alarm. I suspect there will be plenty more in the next few weeks. Alas it only takes one to be real though and I prefer the authorities to be erring on the side of caution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The provos blew up a van outside BH back in the mid 90s I think. Nothing new in this sort of thing.

edit television centre in 2001 - the so called Real IRA, so I had almost nothing about that right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

It wasnt this van was it? With **** ******** standing beside it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement